Champion Tier List

1234511 ... 15
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Damnation

11-24-2009

As in most games, a "pinned" tier list is practically wanted by the majority of players. One that can be used as a reference, and a guide for new and veteran players.

As the meta game progresses, with player experience and game patches, this list can begin to change.

The suggested tier listing should be as follows: Top Tier, High Tier, Middle Tier, Low Tier, Bottom Tier.

Heroes on the bottom tier could obviously be the heroes that need the most work, because in every game, the goal is absolute balance, but as we all know, that is practically impossible to do. I suggest we have the community start posting their Tier lists here, so we can start to construct a champion tier list for us all.

After i get enough feedback from the players, i will construct the tier list. I myself will put my own list in here because i consider myself seasoned enough. I played through most of the closed beta, and run with a very high positive record about 85% of my games.

I will edit this post with the official tier listing, after enough people have posted, and i will reconstruct it all to look pretty.

medlish

11-24-2009

nice idea.

some lists of the champs which are considered top tier were already posted in the general forums. try searching "top tier champions" for thread title.

Damnation

11-24-2009

ya i know, ive seen that listed before. I want to try and get a list of all the heroes. So they can be mapped out

Damnation

11-24-2009

This is my suggested tier list. Whats your input?

Top: Ashe, Jax, Malphite, Nunu

High: Alistar, Amumu, Cho'gath, Corki, Gangplank, Morgana, Nasus, Soraka

Middle: Anivia, Annie, Blitzcrank,, Doctor Mundo, Fiddlesticks, Kassadin, Katarina, Rammus, Singed, Sion, Sivir, Taric, Teemo, Tristana

Low: Karthus, Kayle, Master Yi, Shaco, Tryndamere, Twisted Fate, Twitch, Veigar

Bottom: Evelynn, Heimerdinger, Janna, Ryze, Warwick, Zilean

medlish

11-24-2009

Most people will probably disagree with Jax being top tier because he has no good disable abilities.

I also think he's not very useful for the team.

I'm not an expert but I would do something like this:

Top: Morgana, Malphite, Amumu, Twisted Fate

High: Corki, Nasus, Soraka, Ashe, Teemo, Annie, Singed

Middle: Anivia, Blitzcrank, Fiddlesticks, Kassadin, Rammus, Taric, Tristana, Jax, Karthus, Veigar, Gangplank, Cho'gath

Low: Master Yi, Shaco, Tryndamere, Twitch, Mundo, Katarina, Janna, Evelynn

Bottom: Heimerdinger, Warwick, Zilean

not all heroes in there and this list could change every day for me, especially high/mid/low tier.

Damnation

11-24-2009

this is good, this is the kind of feedback i need to try and compile this list. Im not so sure i agree with twisted fate being a top, but i could agree with morgana.

We need more people to join in, and help.

Worstcase

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2009

Anything with an AoE stun would most likely be top tier.
Alistar, Amumu, Anivia, Cho'Gath, Malphite, Morgana, Twisted Fate, Veigar.

Not saying these really are top tier, just those who do have an AoE stun.

Yorgie

11-24-2009

From a mathematical standpoint, each tier should have 7 champions, except for one which would have 6...'till Udyr gets here I guess.

I'm confused about why Warwick gets ranked so low, though...he seems pretty powerful from what I can tell. <.<

Personally, i'd rank Twitch, Evelynn and Cho'Gath a lot higher than in medlish's list, and Jax a bit lower. (I've yet to come across a problematic Jax, though.)

Cannibalisme

11-24-2009

I'm very familiar with tiers-list, any 2D fighting game player will tell you that tiers-list is always a debate. We can't just post our tiers-list here to make one.

To make a reliable tiers-list, we need to calculate the statistics from each high level tournament, apply it to top players for minor changes and if they are all agreed, the tiers- list is made and ready to be updated after each tournament.

Worstcase

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorgie View Post
From a mathematical standpoint, each tier should have 7 champions, except for one which would have 6...'till Udyr gets here I guess.

I'm confused about why Warwick gets ranked so low, though...he seems pretty powerful from what I can tell. <.<

Personally, i'd rank Twitch, Evelynn and Cho'Gath a lot higher than in medlish's list, and Jax a bit lower. (I've yet to come across a problematic Jax, though.)
Disables and survivability are huge factors into tiers.

Warwick has a single stun that is easy to counter, but he lacks any AoE abilities, making him somewhat lackluster in team fights minus his Attack Speed buff. No survivibility abilites minus the life steal.

Twitch would be low because he has no survivability next to his Ambush spell, and has absolutely no disables.

Evenlynn does have a disable, but again, no survivability outside of her Shadow Walk.

Cho'Gath I have not a clue, he has an AoE mini-stun (knock-up effect) and slow effect. An AoE highly effective Silence. His ultimate is lackluster in some ways, but the fact its large damage along with it being Pure Damage. Not to mention his health scales well, along with Feast stacks.

Jax has a AoE stun, but its relatively short, low range, and overall unefficient in comparison to other stuns. He does have relatively high dodge so that gives him some survivibility when placed against another melee, but hes terribly vunerable to Spells.

1234511 ... 15