So Morello, what exactly is Rengar's weakness?

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Matthevv

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2012

I recall you said that Riot is making all of their champions with clear weaknesses. As far as I can tell Rengar has none. You cant burst him down because Rengar's build tank. You cant wear a Rengar down because he has infinite no mana sustain. You can't apply jungle pressure to Rengar because his ultimate is one of the best escapes in the game. It seems like the only counter to Rengar is to ban Rengar.

Riot, I really expected better from you, apparently you care more about selling a powerful easy champion than making well designed champions.

The Real Rawr

12-01-2012

Darius who builds FULL TANK does more damage than a Rengar who builds FULL TANK, yet you're complaining about Rengar?

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpGGl DerSlap View Post
Darius who builds full tank can't go invisible, run to your towers, and mow them down no problem.
1.) Okay, you can buy a 400 gold (Oracle's) or even a 125 gold (Vision ward) item to counter the invisibility and you CAN stop targetting him because he's building full tank, for god's sake.

2.) Darius can easily mow down a tower with an autoattack resetter that is up every 3 or so seconds (and does the extra damage to towers)

3.) You actually have to target him sooner or later because if you don't he will ult you with 600-800 TRUE damage. That is 1/3 to 1/5 of your maximum health, usually.

Edit #2:
Downvoted for logic?

Commando Slap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Rawr View Post
Darius who builds FULL TANK does more damage than a Rengar who builds FULL TANK, yet you're complaining about Rengar?
Darius who builds full tank can't go invisible, run to your towers, and mow them down no problem.

I think a lot of the problem with Rengar is that the majority of his kit is constructed for someone who's supposed to be someone who straddles the line between an assassin and fighter. The crux of the issue is that in addition to the "tricks of the trade" to be a burst assassin he was also given Bruiser scaling.

Consider: Rengar's base damage values, especially on roar are very high considering the extremely high benefits you get from using it (defensive stats are almost always worth more than offensive stats, the 15% heal at this point is icing on the cake). His Q scaling is really high for something you can chain and spam, and scales off TOTAL AD.

Rengar's kit is constructed with him needing help to stay alive: elusiveness on his ultimate, free defenses and a situational heal on his roar.

His kit SCREAMS assassin. But then when you get into the nitty-gritty of his numbers and his scaling you end up with a hero that's always better as a big tanky DPS while doing respectable burst, while having a bunch of free defensive stats. The reason you can get away with stacking nothing but health and moderate amounts of defensive stats is almost entirely because roar's base scaling is HUGE (220 nuke you can heal off of, and gives you 43armor/mr? and can heal you for 15% of your hp?) and Q as a spell is a hugely potent AS steroid nuke that scales off TOTAL AD.

The problem with Rengar isn't the more frustrating parts of his kit (Don't get me wrong, he's frustrating as hell to deal with.) but that he gets to do large amounts of damage while not building damage, with a kit that's built to keep a squishy assassin alive.

Matthevv

12-01-2012

Quote:
I am not talking about Darius, why do you even bring him up? I am just talking about how Rengar has no weakness. He is just a badly designed champion. Do I care if he gets nerfed or buffed? No I am just trying to start a discussion about his design. Why don't you present an argument on why he is designed well and we can have a proper discussion.

True Bandito

12-01-2012

Rengar is melee and has situational burst.

Duriel

12-01-2012

Quote:
rengar has consistent aoe, huge attack speed steroids, a large leap plus a strong stealth for either initiation or disengaging

you can avoid darius pulls easily, but you can't avoid a tanky as fk rengar jumping into your team and clawing at your carry

Elsea

12-01-2012

It looks like his sustain is just insane. 15% of your max hp. It allows him to just do things by himself with it. Stanley is just putting all the health items on Rengar to abuse it, and we see his Rengar tank being unkillable.

DONGLORD420

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Bandito View Post
situational burst.
term i dont think ive ever heard before

in what ways is rengar's burst situational?

Asylum Lux

12-01-2012

Ummm... uuuhhhhhh...
Wait, I know there's something...
He... can't benefit from Manamune? If that even counts?

Yinne

12-01-2012

I think its more of a Ez being underfarmed and Rumble not being to lane against Rengar.

12345 ... 8