The banning/picking of Diana in IPL5 shows LoL is improving

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2012

if anything diana being a top pick/ban shows the powercreep of new assassins vs older ones.

Levgre

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pudge1cup View Post
if anything diana being a top pick/ban shows the powercreep of new assassins vs older ones.
The older assassins were almost all at one point stronger than Diana currently is.

DeciEVE or AFK

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levgre View Post
The older assassins were almost all at one point stronger than Diana currently is.
This may be correct, but it doesn't take away from the fact that if you ranked their power on a scale of 1-10, with 1 being an pre-rework nerfed AFK level 1 at 18 minutes Evelynn, and a 10 being a 6-item release Xin Zhao, LB/Fizz are a 5, Akali is a 6 or a 7, and Diana is a solid 8.

Sure the others might have been a 9 at one point, but Diana in her kit and numbers is just plain better than nearly everyone else in her role.

TF has a high skillcap and loses his lane to nearly anyone and is relegated to throwing Q's out and bluecarding and doing nothing else in lane and being completely dependent on his ult. Eve is the same thing - she's never going to win her lane outright vs a competent opponent, she doesn't have the damage or CC to do it unless she gets fed off sidelanes.

Diana has the ability not only to roam to sidelanes to get ridiculously fed with her pseudo orianna ultimate, but she can easily dominate her own lane even if she misses 5000 Q's in a row and lands just one. The burst can take almost anybody from full HP to nothing.

DeciEVE or AFK

12-01-2012

Oh I just lolking'd you, you're a Diana main, no wonder.

You also rush Athene's on her, which is why your record sucks with her. You play her wrong, then try to argue that she's not ridiculously strong. Some matches you buy nothing on her except chalice / Guardian Angel (lol).

Build her properly with roa, abyssal, and deathcap. This is why you have a bad record with her - you don't capitalize on her innate tankiness and try to play her like a sustained caster like Ori/Aniv.

Okay well then, nothing more to be said, bye.

Levgre

12-01-2012

Actually, check my stats with her. I do great with her, and gank lanes often. Check my recent match history and I have around a 5 KDA, some near flawless games. So I think I know more than you bud. Had some absolutely atrocious teams, started off 2-5, maybe you don't play ranked but it can take time for stats to even out. Diana is more team reliant than many AoE AP carries which can decimate a whole team.

Chalice/Guardian angel + 3 doran's rings = a lot of AP for minute 20, that is a strong early build I am experimenting with because if you are the focus of all the enemy's attention, and your teammates are generally incompetent, this will let you get your burst in, take focus and generally win a teamfight. Of course if I'm against an easily assassinated team I build more straight AP. Rod of Ages is also not a strong item for early/mid game, which is generally what decides solo queue. If you start catalyst you have very little kill potential in lane and ganks. If you rush Blasting Rod you will not have the extra Hp and mana sustain of double doran's.

I don't build her as a sustained caster. Athene's is just op, and lets me stay out in the field and gank/farm nonstop. Generally magic damage is a much greater threat mid game than physical. Again, you are showing you don't really know much.

If you think I'm doing poorly with stat lines like this:

12-1-12
9-7-4
9-0-5
9-4-5
13-6-12

You need to get a clue.

Also, Diana's E is a 'pseudo Orianna ult' in the truest since of the word, as moonfall has no damage, and is point blank range versus ranged 800 AoE.

TF doesn't lose his lane to anyone, because his farm is so safe. He doesn't win, sure, but he wins the other 2 lanes with ease. Again, you can't argue against the higher win %s for Eve and TF.

Nofacekill3r

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeciEVE or AFK View Post
Oh I just lolking'd you, you're a Diana main, no wonder.

You also rush Athene's on her, which is why your record sucks with her. You play her wrong, then try to argue that she's not ridiculously strong. Some matches you buy nothing on her except chalice / Guardian Angel (lol).

Build her properly with roa, abyssal, and deathcap. This is why you have a bad record with her - you don't capitalize on her innate tankiness and try to play her like a sustained caster like Ori/Aniv.

Okay well then, nothing more to be said, bye.
Build her properly with RoA? Really? Why make it harder for yourself to snowball?

GwangSoo

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levgre View Post
So think about that before you complain about her being picked and banned so often.
I do not really play LOL very much at all. I am not an expert on the strategy and intricacies of the game.

But I can read the numbers, and the numbers say you are full of ****.

If this was any indication in a 'shift' in the balancing of the game, you would see a similar increase in use of other champs in the assassin role. Fizz, Akali, whatever.

Diana's increase isn't a sign of that change, it's a sign of how she transcends her role into others like her high level of tankiness and is just overall OP. Others here have explained this far more in depth than I possibly could.

I know it's hard for you, being a Diana player who doesn't want their OP champion nerfed down to the level of everyone else. Unfortunately, denial is not the remedy to that.

Lets be serious now, in only 4 games out of 72 was she not picked or banned. That's crazy.

lslands

12-03-2012

I love how people say that diana isnt strong, has no escape or whatever.

Shes op because of her scaling tankyness, high base damage and her ability to initiate in team fights. No other ap assassin can jump right in and survive, diana is the only one where this is possible.

YamisKing

12-03-2012

Diana was nerfed after a big patch, but with no doubt she is still a champion that deals tons of damages.

Also the appearance of Kha'Zix is important to mention, since this champion also deals serious damages and is a great character when you are good using it.

That1ItalianGuy

12-03-2012

lol how did kha get into this conversation!?

well i also main with diana and i have no oppinion on the fact that she is op or not. I personally enjoy her although i dont think im great or anything, but i do have an observation:

I find that initiating with her, unless im already SUPER FED is to instantly die. This is my biggest problem, I see blood and I want to get that kill and i fail to let the tank initiate. lately ive started to catch on that i can poke pretty hard and should stick to poking and wait till someone is low and the tank is in there till i dive in for the kill. Did i miss something in this last tourney? apperently i need to watch those games but that doest seem like a smart thing to do with diana (initiate)