[Windows 8] Client Crashing

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LuunarSun

12-01-2012

This has happened VERY frequently over the past week, in two specific contexts:

1. The game will randomly Crash after clicking on the "Victory" or "Defeat" button at the end of a game. This will prevent you from getting to the statistics screen and reporting/honoring fellow players.

2. In champ select, when a champion is clicked on, either for a ban or pick, the client will (sometimes) crash saying that the "PvP.Net Patcher Kernel has stopped working."
On one occasion, my client crashed and even then, the game started with me being unaware of it; so, after 5 minutes, I log in and to my surprise, there was a "Reconnect" button just staring me in the face. Luckily we won the game, but this is a very annoying bug.
The game crashing in these 2 scenarios will either:
Land you a mass-report.
Land you a 5+ minute Queue timer.

I am running Windows 8 64-bit if that is of any help.

EDIT: I have re-installed the game once to no avail, and then I "repaired" my game with eh same result.

LuunarSun

12-02-2012

bump

Damiya

Technical Analyst

12-02-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Do you run LoLReplay?

comfag

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittedDates View Post
1. The game will randomly Crash after clicking on the "Victory" or "Defeat" button at the end of a game. This will prevent you from getting to the statistics screen and reporting/honoring fellow players.
This keeps happening to me on Windows 8 and I use LoLReplay. Is that the cause of it?

Damiya

Technical Analyst

12-03-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfag View Post
This keeps happening to me on Windows 8 and I use LoLReplay. Is that the cause of it?
I advise against using LoLReplay on Windows 8 as it can cause increased instability.

Purifying Light

12-03-2012

Yes, I have found this issue to be part of LoLreply, I worked this out a week ago. It's not LoL then.

CrunchyFrogg

12-07-2012

I have the same problem, has happened several times in the last week - crash and client just completely gone at the victory/defeat point. Last time it happened was yesterday. I have neither Windows 8 nor Lol replay.

FateBarrage

02-24-2013

I use window 8 too, the client crashes like every single second
BUT I FOUND A WAY!
Trying running LOL in compatibility mode and it won't crash anymore

Right Click League of Legends, go to compatibility and click compatibility mode, any OS before window 8 should work

Spezzy

09-02-2013

I don't use LOLreplay but I was crashing every single time at the loading screen, but I found a way, if you run League through Steam it doesn't crash, well for me anyways it doesn't crash anymore.

IRLRedBuff

Recruiter

09-04-2013

Turn off the IP helper. I think its either in settings or services in your start menu.