Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Do you like/want the new shop menu in the game?

Yes 12 34.29%
Yes but add favorites/custom recommended items 13 37.14%
No I prefer the old 10 28.57%
Voters 35 .

The new shop menu. whats your take.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkVoidMaster

12-01-2012

I am curious on how people feel about this new menu system. I for one am 100% against it. Its hard to navigate and slows down my time trying to get a item and run to lane (regardless if I search or manually look).
The only reason I would be ok with this new menu would be we get a favorites or custom recommend items. then I could set up a list of items that I will use on a certain champion.

Komeiji Koishi

12-01-2012

It's only hard to navigate to those who aren't familiar with the new system, plus it even has a search bar for items and/or stats like lifesteal that you want to look for.

Think back to when you first started playing League S1 or S2 and how hard it was your first time navigating each the shop tree.

Shaendarhk

12-01-2012

I like the new shop except that I believe it causes my framerate to drop drastically upon opening, and sometimes I become unable to click on an item or the buy button to purchase it. I have little issue locating items in the menu outside the little glitches and framerate drops. If Riot can clear up those performance issues(unless they're on my end and I just need to drop my graphical quality again), I think the new system is fine. I actually really like the 'divided' recommended items that gives multiple options for similar goals. Rather than a set list of 6 recommended items (that aren't even final tier items), you get a roughly 9 suggestions to help guide you with a little description of their generalities.

Overall I like the newer setup, it just causes some minor performance issues. Being able to customize the list to your liking would be nice, but isn't strictly necessary.

Komeiji Koishi

12-01-2012

Quote:
Shaendarhk:
I like the new shop except that I believe it causes my framerate to drop drastically upon opening, and sometimes I become unable to click on an item or the buy button to purchase it. I have little issue locating items in the menu outside the little glitches and framerate drops. If Riot can clear up those performance issues(unless they're on my end and I just need to drop my graphical quality again), I think the new system is fine. I actually really like the 'divided' recommended items that gives multiple options for similar goals. Rather than a set list of 6 recommended items (that aren't even final tier items), you get a roughly 9 suggestions to help guide you with a little description of their generalities.

Overall I like the newer setup, it just causes some minor performance issues. Being able to customize the list to your liking would be nice, but isn't strictly necessary.

You can somewhat customize your recommended items through the use of this technology (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2808891).

Shaendarhk

12-01-2012

Thanks BBQ guy, good that the option is there, but it looks a bit complex and I'd be afraid I'd break something important going into the files and changing things.

DUDE BRO

12-02-2012

I like the idea behind the new shop, but I feel the interface was very poorly done.

As with all the new hud changes, too much space is taken up by fancy overly thick borders, while the icons and important information is small and squished in the centre, making it hard to read. The shop and score menu have a big problem with that.

If the shop borders were MUCH thinner and simpler, then the overall shop and scoreboard could be smaller, with larger, clearer content inside. This would make it as easy to read and navigate as the original.

LegitGreenPoop

12-02-2012

Quote:
OMGWTFROTFLBBQ:
It's only hard to navigate to those who aren't familiar with the new system, plus it even has a search bar for items and/or stats like lifesteal that you want to look for.

Think back to when you first started playing League S1 or S2 and how hard it was your first time navigating each the shop tree.

although the shop menu is still buggy i was trying to search for items 2 days ago (i didnt play yesterday) and it wouldnt let me type anything into the search bar i had to manually find everything myself but ive been using the search bar forever so now im slow at finding items lol

L33tT4rd

12-02-2012

I like the new shop. Looking for something w/AP and Armor? Check both boxes and voilĂ .

AlphaDown77

12-02-2012

I prefer the old shop, but I assume it's because I'm use to it. I think the new shop is just confusing at times. But, if they are going to change it, I do hope we can add favorites pages, or, do what they do with masteries, where we can save builds. (so you could save a build for, lets say Vayne, Sona, Ahri etc etc)

ShadeOfRed

12-02-2012

they need to make the buttons to click the categories bigger. it takes too long to select the category you want..... plus even if you have it on icon-only display, you still need to scroll to get to a lot of the items in the list.