Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tiamat/Ravenous Hydra - Transforming champs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oragagashi

12-01-2012

My title probably isn't worded the best, but my question is how the new Tiamat and its upgrade (melee only!) work on champions like Jayce, Nidalee, Kayle, or even with Gangplank's Parlay.

Can they not get it at all?
Do they lose the passive and active when in ranged form? (make the most sense)
Do they lose all stats when in ranged form?

I know its not on the live servers yet, but I figured I'd throw the question out.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

12-01-2012

Quote:
Oragagashi:

^ This is closest. I'm not sure how the active works, but I assume it's just like the passive in that it gets turned off when you switch from melee to ranged.

Quote:
Oragagashi:
Gangplank's Parlay.

Gangplank himself is melee, regardless of cast range.

crzymdscntst

12-01-2012

If I recall correctly, Tiamat does work with Kayle according to a red post I can't find. Her original range is melee, and her E is like an on-hit itself or something? (There was technicalities in it.)

I assume Nidalee still will in cat form, as they have to consider the actual switch-ability. Jayce will only get it in melee form, he still would likely benifit from the stats, but not get the AoE.

The point of the new Tiamat is specifically for melee champs.

Ravenous Hydra I believe will not work on Kayle at all though, with the others having it work when they're in ranged form. GP is melee and as such his Q will apply melee on-hits, so it won't work with RH, but Tiamat will work as per usual.

Other technicalities are single-target on-hits. Ravenous Hydra will not apply Jayce's passive except to the single target he is focused on. Similar results with other champ skills. If it's an on-hit like Sheen, then it will only work on the main target. If it's something more akin to Wit's End, I believe that will work against all targets.

IonDragonX

12-01-2012

Both Hydra and Hurricane are available to every champ. However, the actives and passives do not work if you are the wrong type. (or wrong at the time)

This means that ranged may buy the Hydra for the 75 AD, 15 health/5s and the 10% lifesteal but can't splash with it nor use its cleave. Likewise, Hurricane on a melee is just a +70% attack speed item.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

12-01-2012

In the case of Kayle, as explained by Xypherous, she will still be able to use the passive and active normally. However, the second she activates Righteous Fury, she no longer benefits from it.

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

12-01-2012

I believe you mean her E, Raptor.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

12-01-2012

Quote:
JustMyBassCannon:
I believe you mean her E, Raptor.

And now you can tell how often I play Kayle ^.^"

67chrome

12-02-2012

Quote:
Oragagashi:

Like others have stated it's pretty much this. I've been able to purchase Tiamat (or Hurricane for that matter) on any champion regardless of their attack range, it's not hidden in the shop or anything. The only morphing champion I've tried either on is Kayle though (Hurricane), I'll probably test the rest out on Nidalee or something when I get the chance.

But basically you get all the non-unique stats regardless of your attack range (Attack Speed, Damage, Life Steal), you just need to be using melee attacks (for the Tiamat/Hydra splash damage) or ranged attacks (for the Hurricane multi-shot) to be applied at all. For the active on Tiamat I'd imagine it's just disabled while you're ranged.

Kayle actually changes from melee to ranged for that matter, she applies Frozen Mallet and Lizard Buff slows differently depending on her current attack range (same thing goes for Youmuu's Ghostblade AS buffs and the current Tiamat splash damage for that matter) - the rest of the melee/ranged champions are considerably more obvious in their morphing, so I'd say what works for Kayle is going to be applied to the rest as well.

-Just checked both on Elise. The only thing that depends on your attack range is the specific form of AoE damage, you still retain all the other stuff (AD, AS) regardless of what your AA range is.

For Gangplank, he still remains melee range when using a single-target on-hit effect, so his Parrrley applies melee-exclusive stuff (despite having considerable range).

-Just checked Gangplank. The splash does work with his Parrrley. Parrrley also applies the lightning from Static Shiv, causing it to arc from the first unit struck - which is pretty cool.

IonDragonX

12-02-2012

Quote:
67chrome:
-Just checked Gangplank. The splash does work with his Parrrley. Parrrley also applies the lightning from Static Shiv, causing it to arc from the first unit struck - which is pretty cool.

Yeah. Bankplank is a build. Hydra, Shiv and Avarice Blade. Run in a circle until the Shiv charges then blast a huge group of creep. His bonus money for his Parrrley counts for each creep that dies in the area of effect. Good times.

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

12-02-2012

Quote:
IonDragonX:
Yeah. Bankplank is a build. Hydra, Shiv and Avarice Blade. Run in a circle until the Shiv charges then blast a huge group of creep. His bonus money for his Parrrley counts for each creep that dies in the area of effect. Good times.

Oh. Dear. God.

I am going to have to try this when the patch hits. As Gangplank AND Draven.