[Champion Concept] Shia, The Void's Timid Doppel

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blackkat101

12-01-2012

Did not actually realize until just now that there was a section for posting champion concept ideas. I did not want create two discussions on this subject, but I believe it should be placed in the proper forum.

Here is my original posting in the GD forum:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...5#post31975095

Below is what was posted in the GD.
===========================

Here is the Lore from the PDF for those who don't want to download it. For those who want to see the rest, feel free to take a look.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shia
The Void's Timid Doppel

Some call it the Place Between Worlds. Others refer to it as the Outside or just the Unknown. The Void is known by many different names. While that may be so, there is one thing the stories all have in common, the horrors that can be found within. Things that can corrupt the hearts and minds of men, and powers that can tear apart the very soul.

Only recently born from the Void, Shia fell through a rift between there and Runeterra. Still small and new to the world, the Void had yet to contort and twist her newborn soul to its will. As she wandered across Runeterra’s continent of Valoren, she noticed people with families and companions and soon came to yearn for company herself. Finding her way onto the outskirts of a small town, she decided to greet a human who looked roughly her size in hopes of making a friend. As she approached, the young girl noticed Shia, let out a shriek and fainted. Soon, a couple villagers appeared, brandishing various farming equipment. With angry screams, believing this monster had harmed a child, they chased Shia away into a nearby forest. Confused and scared, Shia ran with all her might. What had she done? All she wanted to do was make a friend to fill the loneliness that crept inside her. After running for seemingly hours, she happened across a small lake deep within the forest. Tired and out of breath, she went to take a drink. The air was still here. As she reached to scoop up some water, for the first time, she saw herself. The surface of the water showed her reflection. She saw why the villagers were scared. While Shia had the shape of a young girl, her body seemed to be a mass of shadows and energy. She had never thought about it before, but now realized that she was different. Still, Shia longed for company. As she cried herself to sleep that night, her feelings brought forth a surge of power. When Shia woke, before her was a beautiful maiden. Tall, elegant and in a white dress, she was everything Shia was not. Bewildered, Shia raised her hand toward the stranger and the stranger responded in kind. As their hands touched, she realized that the woman was not human, but herself. Born from within her, Shia was able to create a doppelganger in the image of beautiful human woman. Armed with a new way to interact with people, she set off to find another town. Discovering one on the other side of the forest, she hid herself in the shadows and brought forth her doppel. She was delighted to find that people’s reactions to her were favorable. Men seemed to be captivated by her beauty and women seemed drawn to her. Shia lived through her doppel for many years. As herself, she was shy and afraid of how people would treat her if they knew what she really was, but as her doppel, she had confidence and a vibrant personality that attracted all those around. The longer this went on, the more embarrassed she was of her true self and wished that her doppel was her only self.

Time continued on. Eventually word of the League reached her ears. While she did not care for politics and battle, the thought of powerful mages and sorcerers peaked her interest. Perhaps she could find someone there who was not afraid of the Void that also had the power to grant her desire…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello. Kat here. I got to thinking yesterday on what type of champion I would create if was allowed to make one for League of Legends. After a half an hour of creating a character and writing up their lore, I came up with Shia. It then took me another 14-15 hours of work to write up a visual description and create her abilities.

I have since shown it only to two other people and have not changed it based on their opinions (as they did not seem to have much to say...). Will be showing it my friends who I play LoL with tomorrow to find out what they think (and maybe get some helpful tips). I would love to hear what other people think of Shia, especially someone from Riot would be most appreciative.

I am not amazing at playing LoL. Though I like to think I'm average (win to lose ration is like 1:1). While I have been playing LoL since the open beta (I think it's been that long, definitely wasn't in the closed beta, but made it early enough to get the UFO Corki skin), I have never played a ranked game. I enjoy playing LoL with my friends and play the game casually (though I do try to win). Like many others (many many others), I would love to work for Riot and be able to create champions, but as that seems very farfetched, I guess I'll have to settle with being a machinist for now.

Anywho, back on Shia, the PDF attached is 7 pages long. It contains:
- Lore
- Visual Description
- A couple of her Base Stats
- Abilities (with great detail describing how they work)
- Extra thoughts from creating Shia

Sincerely,
- Kat

P.S. I would love to hear both positive and negative criticism, but please keep it constructive if possible. That way I can try to make Shia the best she can be. I will attempt to respond to posts when possible.

`

blackkat101

12-01-2012

Now after showing it to a couple of friends (who are not going to post as I've been talking with them in person about Shia), Here are some points I'd like to add:

Shia on the surface, looks like a transform champion in the way her R: Doppelganger works. It is toggled on and off and obtained at level 1. Unlike Jayce and Elise, Shia does not transform. Instead, you could think of her as being able to summon a proxy champion, tethered to her main body. Her main body is still on the map and can be damaged (players using her should fear oracles), and her doppel body is tied to a range around her main body (i.e. can only wander up to a certain distance away from her main body in a radius around it). This requires the player to have to think and place where Shia is before summoning her doppel. If you've read the ability in the PDF, you'll notice that while the doppel is summoned, you only control the doppel while the main body is rooted to the spot as if the doppel is your champion instead of the main body.

One other note is I decided to use Ability Power in a different way than normal. As Shia's body and by extension, her doppel's body are made from the energy from the Void, AP increases her strength. Shia however does not deal any magical damage. Her main body's spells are all about playing keep away and hiding and do no damage. Her doppel's body builds off of AP, but every ability deals physical damage. On her doppel, she also gains physical damage on her auto-attack based off of AP. This is because as her ability power increases, she is able to strengthen her doppel's body, but the doppel wields a pair of swords. Meaning while the body's strength is increased, allowing her to strike harder, her attacks are dealt with a sword, i.e. physical damage. This auto-attack increase by AP (as described in the PDF) is not a 1 to 1 ratio like with AD, but she only gains .8 per AP added to her auto-attacks as physical damage. That coupled with all of her abilities building off of AP (but dealing physical damage still), she is built more like an AP champ, but plays AD.

Again, Shia deals "no" magical damage. Everything is physical damage.

Was that confusing? She came out such because of the lore I wrote as that came out first. With the abilities being created afterward. After having my friends take a quick look and me giving some explanations because they did not read everything, they understood the idea behind her and on their initial impressions, said they would then think of building her mainly with AP and Attack Speed. One liked the idea of having her on either Top or Mid lane. Another thought she would work best on bottom (because he thought Shia may need to be babysat for her first couple of levels) and after gaining a couple levels, using her as an AD carry.

What are your thoughts? I'd love to know.

- Kat

blackkat101

12-01-2012

On a personal thought, I was thinking her to be either a Bottom or Mid champion. While Jungle is my absolute worst role, and Shia has no sustain, I wonder if she could work there? Mainly because of all the brush and the ability to hide her main body there as she casts her doppel over a wall into a lane. That could greatly help with keeping herself safe.

- Kat

*edit
P.S. This thread has been updated here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2860430
Please post any comments there. More information was added there as many fixes and balancing was dealt with.