S3 Jungle Eve seems like it'd be good.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Auhfel

12-01-2012

With the addition of the Sightstone being added to the game, and oracles being nerfed, I feel like there will probably be much more sight wards in the game in general. Eve's passive will probably help her immensely to get past the extra wards.

Also, the Hunter's Machete ought to work really well on her because she can utilize both of it's passives effectively. She can Q and autottack at the same time, still getting the +10 true dmg for autoattacking, and her E gives her an AS stereoid that will give more procs of the Machete's true damage.

On top of that, you can build the Machete up into the Spirit of the Spectral Wraith, which will give an AP Eve jungler a great edge. 10% Cdr and 20% spellvamp are great jungling stats, especially when you have Smite as it procs the 20% spellvamp. The +25% neutral mob damage helps immensely too for stealing objectives, as Eve's ult does %HP damage at a long range. Eve's Ult does 25% base HP dmg at max rank, and the +25% Neutral Mob DMG will bump that up to 31.25% before resistances.

Also, getting a base +25 MS speed in S3 helps her as well, as her W is a %MS bonus.

TL;DR: More wards in the game (Sighstone) may make Eve a better ganker compared to others, and new items (Spirit of the Spectral Wraith) help her be more jungle effective.

Blaine Tog

12-01-2012

The jungle minions will also deal more damage and have more health, though. Eve's problem wasn't that she couldn't kill the minions but that her clears left her too low to gank. I generally didn't even bother trying to take blue until after my first back, tbh. The change to boots will help her, though.

Aliceandria

12-01-2012

So hype for S3 Eve!

Auhfel

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine Tog View Post
The jungle minions will also deal more damage and have more health, though. Eve's problem wasn't that she couldn't kill the minions but that her clears left her too low to gank. I generally didn't even bother trying to take blue until after my first back, tbh. The change to boots will help her, though.
I'm not sure if in this instance you are talking about S2 Eve or S3 Eve, but in S2 I jungle her all the time. I have been starting Boots 3 and maintaining plenty enough health to gank. I've taken 11 pts in defense though for the dmg mitigation.

I don't see s3 being an issue though, with the Machete you should also kill them faster, and you can also start a crystalline flask to help with sustain. I noticed that Bladed Armor (+6 dmg to mobs when attacked) is also a tier earlier than before, which is nice.

Auhfel

12-01-2012

The new jungle with increased HP and DMG and leash changes will affect her, but ti probably won't be that bad. It may make me pump more defense into runes or masteries, or it may just cause me to do more kiting with Q than I normally would.

Blaine Tog

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auhfel View Post
I'm not sure if in this instance you are talking about S2 Eve or S3 Eve, but in S2 I jungle her all the time. I have been starting Boots 3 and maintaining plenty enough health to gank. I've taken 11 pts in defense though for the dmg mitigation.
I'm not saying Eve can't jungle in S2, but it's really hard for her, way harder than just taking her mid (or even top). You're forced to spec more heavily into Defense, which cuts into your ability to assassinate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auhfel View Post
I don't see s3 being an issue though, with the Machete you should also kill them faster, and you can also start a crystalline flask to help with sustain. I noticed that Bladed Armor (+6 dmg to mobs when attacked) is also a tier earlier than before, which is nice.
I just don't see it. I strongly suspect the Machete isn't going to totally counteract the increased health and damage, at least for Eve. Riot also mentioned that she gets her butt kicked by S3's jungle in the big thread they had a few weeks back... which I now realize I probably should've led with.