Movement Speed Quints any good?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YallaYalla

10-09-2010

and the get more valueable if you buy swiftness or mobility boots

Shaya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2010

Yeah I run ms quints on all of my rune pages.

Ezreal being just a bit slower than master yi (328).

Shaco being at the same speed as most characters with boots before he even buys any.

I'm kinda worried they may become polarising in the sense like armor penetration has... eventually. They're really only good atm because you run them and someone else doesn't.

bobarabara

10-09-2010

Hp quints are really useful early game, ms pretty useful the entire game,
It's a choice between a more aggressive laning phase vs. Higher chance of escape/catching throughout the game.

Xzeric

10-09-2010

Flat HP unless your Singed

MathMage

10-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrnodyn View Post
actually, Movespeed Quints are quite effective for ALL dps, ranged need them for survival more than they need that little bit extra HP (staying at range is more effective than being able to take more damage) and Melee need it to close in on their target and keep up the chase.

Mobility is often underestimated and **** important for everything except SOME tanks. I run them for almost any champion, unless a passive can provide me with a significant early game advantage if I get other quints (Vlad, Galio)
That extra 110 hp is big early on, especially for any squishy champ (say, DPS champs...). It's the same reason people usually don't take Boots 1 for a starting item, except on Garen. Later on, of course, neither quint is all *that* useful; HP because it's a drop in the bucket, movespeed because odds are there will be a CC left for you.

(But then, I play Rammus, who never needed MS quints to begin with, so take my advice with a grain of salt xD)

Necks

10-09-2010

The best survivability in this game

is positioning.

Movement speed quints help you achieve this. While flat health is nice for those early lane fights, MS quints help you when it really matters later on, throughout the entire match. +4.5% movement speed is huge when coupled with tier 2 boots, masteries, and movement speed buffing skills.