Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Game][Major] Tiamat + Siphoning Strike

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Draconic74

11-30-2012

Nasus' Siphoning strike appears to be proccing the AoE on Tiamat and Hydra twice.

1) Start a custom game as Nasus
2) Make sure you have enough Armor Pen to do true damage on jungle camps OR
2) Build a Brutalizer
3) Build a Tiamat or Hydra
4) Hit a camp with a normal attack and note the splash damage
5) Hit it again with Siphoning Strike and note the splash damage

Observations:
The main hit on SS does the proper amount of damage, but the splash is dealing twice the damage. I sat for a while to figure this out, but no matter how you look at it that shouldn't be happening. SS gives a bit of bonus damage aside from the stacking element of it, but that damage is never added to your actual AD.

Stacking more damage on SS does not increase this double damage element, but getting AD items does. When I noticed this I was dealing 161 and 323 on normal and SS splash damage, respectively. I started a new game with very little AD and this time was hitting 80 and 161 (rounding messes with that a bit I guess). I believe the lifesteal also procs but between the double AoE and SS's extra damage it is difficult to say.

Now, if this is intended then I will laugh like a giddy little fanboy because I friggin' love Nasus and would love more reasons to play him. Innate lifesteal and a Hydra is some awesome healing. I had half a mind not to report it but I'm that would be wrong...

Shaendarhk

11-30-2012

Confirmed. Doing wolves, 99 splash damage normal AA, 199 Splash on Siphon Strike. Done with Tiamat, have not tried Hydra yet. Was difficult for me to check since the monsters kept moving and altering the percentage of AD splashing.

Edit: Confirmed with Hydra as well.

Draconic74

11-30-2012

Oh, a few more notes. If you SS and kill multiple things, it does not stack the bonus damage multiple times, same as with the old Tiamat. Also, if you SS and kill something with the splash but not the primary target, it does not stack either.

I tested those as well, just to be safe.

Hmm... I just thought of something. If you *don't* have enough armor pen to be doing true damage, is the damage still doubled as it should be? Or do we get a different value altogether. Also, I don't think this happened, but someone should see if activating SS and then using the active does more damage than just the active. Perhaps the way SS works is interfering with the AoE of the item.

One more thing. I believe the current Tiamat's ignores armor on the splash targets. Is that also the case on the new one or is it just physical damage based on your AD?

Kard1nal

11-30-2012

Quote:
Draconic74:
Oh, a few more notes. If you SS and kill multiple things, it does not stack the bonus damage multiple times, same as with the old Tiamat. Also, if you SS and kill something with the splash but not the primary target, it does not stack either.

SS is not supposed to stack with the AoE kills.... otherwise you'd be able to get insane Q farm very quickly

IonDragonX

11-30-2012

Quote:
Draconic74:
I had half a mind not to report it but I'm that would be wrong...

I know how you feel man. One of my favorite champs has a "bug" that I don't want Riot to know about either.

Kise

Recruiter

12-01-2012

Quote:
Kard1nal:
SS is not supposed to stack with the AoE kills.... otherwise you'd be able to get insane Q farm very quickly

Problem where?

B-)

Komeiji Koishi

12-03-2012

bump

IonDragonX

12-03-2012

Quote:
Shaendarhk:
Confirmed. Doing wolves, 99 splash damage normal AA, 199 Splash on Siphon Strike. Done with Tiamat, have not tried Hydra yet. Was difficult for me to check since the monsters kept moving and altering the percentage of AD splashing.
Edit: Confirmed with Hydra as well.

Yes but, Siphoning Strike adds a bunch of additional damage to your attack. Its the bonus damage that is splashing, not the Hydra that is hitting twice.

Forever Dunking

12-03-2012

Quote:
IonDragonX:
Yes but, Siphoning Strike adds a bunch of additional damage to your attack. Its the bonus damage that is splashing, not the Hydra that is hitting twice.

this.
It is not a bug, it is only the bonus damage from the q proc that splashes

Draconic74

12-04-2012

Quote:
BladesXx:
this.
It is not a bug, it is only the bonus damage from the q proc that splashes

Siphoning strike adds bonus damage on hit, not bonus AD. When activated, your AD stat does not change. Tiamat and Hydra do damage based on your AD. And besides, the extra damage at level 1 is 30, and the level 5 damage is 110.

I went back and tested it extensively. It did not matter what level Siphoning Strike is, it doubled the AoE damage.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I started a game as Nasus, leveled to 18 without putting points into Siphoning Strike. Got my Tiamat and Boots of Speed. Had enough Armor Pen from Masteries and Runes to deal true damage to jungle creeps with physical damage.

I hit them, Tiamat does its thing. No problem there.

1 level into SS. I hit them without it. Tiamat does its thing. No problems yet. I hit Q and hit them again, Tiamat does double damage on the AoE. Damage was double my AD.

5 levels into SS. Hit them without it, normal damage. Again nothing wrong yet. Hit them with it and it's double damage again. Damage was again double my AD, the bonus damage is not taken into account.

I did not get any kills with SS until after leveling and testing SS at level 1. I then leveled it to 5 and it had the same effect, although the primary target of course took more damage. Still, I think the 3 bonus damage from an errant Siphoning Strike was not enough to invalidate the entire test.

-----------------------------------------------------------

As the live servers have been updated I'm going to go check if this is still true.

UPDATE: Heh. It's still bugged.
>_>
<_<
Lets just call it working as intended and leave it be.