Rough Champion concept: Butcher

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ViashinoWizard

11-30-2012

Like the title says, this is a rough concept for a champion's kit I've had bouncing around my head. Fluff-wise, the concept is of a large person covered in thick bloodstained clothing and a featureless mask, with some rusty chains and wielding a pair of oversized cleaver-shaped swords. Basically a take on the Jason Vorhees/Micheal Myers-style slasher villain.

Mutilate (Passive): <name> cruelly rends her victims with each attack, dealing 1 bonus physical damage for each 1% of the target’s missing health and healing her for a percentage of the damage dealt. The healing is greatly reduced against minions.

Brutal Cleave (Q): <name> carves through her target, dealing physical damage equal to a large (~30%) percentage of their current HP (has minimum damage).
-CD: moderate
-Range: very short (about the same as Olaf’s E)

Butcher Blades (W):
<name>’s cleavers become thirsty for blood. For several seconds (~5-6) <name> gains bonus attack speed (~80%) and causes her basic attacks to slow the target by 8% for 2 seconds, stacking up to 3 times.
-CD: long

Chain Bind (E):
<name> hurls a rusty chain that wraps around her target, dealing moderate physical damage and rooting them in place for (~2) seconds.
-CD: moderate
-Range: moderate (similar to Taric/Sion stun)

Deathbound (R):
<name> marks an enemy for death for (~6-8) seconds, focusing in on them to the exclusion of all others. While moving towards a marked target, <name> gains bonus movement speed, ignores unit collision and is unaffected by slows. Additionally, her basic attacks deal bonus physical damage to the target (~20/40/60). If <name> receives a kill or assist against her target, the cooldowns of her basic abilities are refreshed and she may cast Deathbound again with 3 seconds for no cost.
-CD: Long, scales down to moderate
-Range: moderate, scales up to long

Gameplay wise, she's a bruiser with the option to jungle who wants to focus in on a single target and kill them before moving on to the next one. Her passive gives her some extra damage and sustain, turning her basic attacks into very weak executes. The reduced healing against minions is to keep her lane sustain from being ridiculous while letting her jungle.

Brutal Cleave synergizes with Mutilate, letting her instantly get her passive up and running against full-health targets, which also helps against jungle buffs. Butcher Blades is a standard AS steroid with a weak slow attached to help her stick to a target. Chain Bind is her gap-closer of sorts, intended to let her get close enough to start stacking the slow from Butcher Blades.

Deathbound is the lynchpin of the kit: she picks a single target to focus and it greatly improves her ability to kill that target and only that target (it doesn't help her fight an unmarked target unless they're standing between her and the marked target). If she secures a kill against the target, she gets her cooldowns refreshed and can pick a new target if the fight is still going. The reason for the refresh is that her cooldowns are all fairly long; she's intended to use all her abilities up front and then finish the target with autoattacks. If she goes all in and gets the kill, she's rewarded and gets to keep fighting. If she doesn't and the mark wears off, her abilities will still be on cooldown for a while and she'll have to wait before she can fight effectively again.

This is still a very rough concept, and I'm not very good with figuring out specific numbers, so I'm open to any and all feedback. My current concerns are that Mutilate's might do too much damage and that Chain Bind could be too strong with the rest of her kit.

ViashinoWizard

12-01-2012

beep beep

ViashinoWizard

12-01-2012

Boop.