There is no way to gain elo, it is completely out of your control.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painguin22 View Post
That is 100% fact. I don't care if you go 100/0 in lane, get your first 2 towers and roam, because there are always 2 other lanes on your team simultaneously feeding. That is the cold hard truth.
That is actually an impossible statement- if there are always two lanes feeding, the enemy team would have to be feeding in two lanes somehow instead of the one in your scenario.

There would need to be some fourth lane where the enemy team feeds.

whouthink

11-30-2012

I went from 1500 to 1800, Elo reset and I am approaching 1700 once more
Explanation?
Aliens.

Thedyingninja

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliroo View Post
You can take charge of your team and help them make right choices, you continously play games and not give up with the notion you have no control over your elo
no, you cant. you tell someone something and it doesnt matter how nicely you do it, because believe me ive tried it EVERY way i can think of, and they call YOU a noob and tell YOU they are doing it right and you dont know what youre talking about and your a troll and shut up and all that ****,.
you really dont sometimes. sometimes you get lumped with bad teammates OVER AND OVER AND OVER, thats what happened to me, and if you dont think so then explain to me how so many people that ranked highly last year are sitting in low elo and cant get out and are saying the EXACT same thing. i dont know how many people ive seen and talked to that have said that tehy didnt think there was an elo hell until this year when it had to them.

Thedyingninja

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldsworst View Post
This would explain why everyone at 700 elo is playing at the same skill level as everyone at 2k elo. Hey, wait a second...
or it would explain why there are a ****load of great players from last year that are below 1100 elo. hmmmmm wait a second

Thedyingninja

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by whouthink View Post
I went from 1500 to 1800, Elo reset and I am approaching 1700 once more
Explanation?
Aliens.
sure, it CAN happen, absolutely. and EVENTUALLY even if you are at 700 elo, the math WILL work out in your favor, absolutely, but there is no reason that people should have to take 3 months to dig out of a hole created by them having bad luck in a couple early season games, its ridiculous

Carzanso

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedyingninja View Post
or it would explain why there are a ****load of great players from last year that are below 1100 elo. hmmmmm wait a second
Instead of making excuses, go improve your game and get better.

Thedyingninja

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Reaper View Post
i have improved my game, but maybe if you pay attention you will realize ive spent that last week getting effed in my a by horrible trolls and went from 1250 elo to 970. why? did i all of a sudden become bad? no, it was because i just got troll team after troll team after troll team. ive ended up on the unfortunate side of luck.
and i would be willing to bet a large amount of money that the LARGE majority of people the 1300+ elo range have gotten there by duo queue

Thedyingninja

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Reaper View Post
and on top of that, explain why REALLY GOOD PLAYERS ARE STILL STUCK IN SUB 1100 ELO? should they go improve their game when tehy are 900 elo? no, because obviously they are better than 900 elo and get gettin hosed.

Gooner1990

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedyingninja View Post
if you dont think so then explain to me how so many people that ranked highly last year are sitting in low elo and cant get out and are saying the EXACT same thing. i dont know how many people ive seen and talked to that have said that tehy didnt think there was an elo hell until this year when it had to them.
Just as some people accidentally fall below their true elo, and doesn't put in the time to get up, some people get carried to an elo bracket higher than they should, and they don't play enough rank games to fall.

People who truly belong in higher elo can carry themselves up again and again, with enough games.

I carried myself to gold 2 times last season. Once before summer, and once after summer break, when my elo decayed to 1400. I've carried myself to gold again in this preseason.

i haven't touched plat yet though. You know why? It's not because I've been unlucky with teammates. It's because I simply don't belong there. 1600 is where I belong, and 1500-1700 is where I'll be stuck in (elo tend to fluctuate plus or minus 100 of true elo,) unless I improve myself.

Jewels Winfield

11-30-2012

Yep..if you put 10 random pro-gamers at 800 elo and made them solo-queue.

I bet they'd never EVER gain any ELO. That makes sense right?

Because it couldn't possibly be that you are at the correct ELO.

The issue that I have with this argument, while I agree mainly, is that most people at any ELO have to deal with the same type of junk you do. Sure, there are hot and cold streaks when it comes to trolls on your team, or bad players.

But, primarily, everyone with an ELO rating higher than yours had to deal with the same garbage on their way to their current ELO. So, it's certainly possible, you just may not be skilled enough to do it in solo-queue.

I'm stuck at about 1,200 ELO, no matter what I do, I think that's my ELO :P