There is no way to gain elo, it is completely out of your control.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Painguin22

11-30-2012

That is 100% fact. I don't care if you go 100/0 in lane, get your first 2 towers and roam, because there are always 2 other lanes on your team simultaneously feeding. That is the cold hard truth.

Jessica Biel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2012

So how come people are still gaining elo? The ****?

AK47WOLF

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android Four View Post
So how come people are still gaining elo? The ****?
Because out of control can mean either your team does well or does poorly regardless of how well you do?

HotshotGG5

11-30-2012

Have you not seen smurf streams?

Thedyingninja

11-30-2012

this has been my point, im 31/39 after an 8/4 start. and its all because i get a minimum of 1 complete idiot troll feeder noob and usually 2 per game. its absolutely ridiculous that ive gone from 1250 elo to 970 in about a week because of trash teammates. youre right it doesnt matter what you do, sometimes you just get absolutely screwed, and there are a bunch of people that were gold rated last year that are feeling the exact same thing right now. its really effin sad, really sad.

Carzanso

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2012

Holy **** plot twist, Maybe your not gaining elo...... BECAUSE YOUR AT THE ELO YOU BELONG AT!

Eliroo

11-30-2012

You can take charge of your team and help them make right choices, you continously play games and not give up with the notion you have no control over your elo

Thedyingninja

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Reaper View Post
Holy **** plot twist, Maybe your not gaining elo...... BECAUSE YOUR AT THE ELO YOU BELONG AT!
or maybe you do really well in games and get 2 people every game that just decide they dont wnat to win and act like they are TRYING to lose the game and you get screwed

Worldsworst

11-30-2012

This would explain why everyone at 700 elo is playing at the same skill level as everyone at 2k elo. Hey, wait a second...

Arthandir

11-30-2012

I beg to differ: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/23016096

Just use lolking liberally and decide each game if the team you are matched with has a chance at winning. If you decide its not worth the risk, dodge. My two losses so far were one game where our toplane never connected, and one game where i was forced to play AD, which i plain suck at so that one was probably my fault.

Other then that, tell your team the roles you are good at during champ select and try to win your lane or as jungler make your snowballiest lane win theirs.

Disclaimer: This applies mainly to elo ranges over 1300. If you're below 1200 its very hard to actually carry your way out, unless you are 1600+ true elo (in which case the question is how you ended up below 1200 in the first place). Then again, statistically speaking 1300+ is like the top 10% so most people around the 1200 bracket actually do belong there.