Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

the problem with rengar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fuzen kuden

11-30-2012

is the fact that even if he is under fed he can still burst most other champs down. If he was mostly shutdown in the laneing phase he still has overwhelming power and his natural tankyness give him rebond and snow ball. His burst would be fine if was less of a tank, and his tank would be fine if he had less burst, ither way i dont care how he gets balanced as long as it happens

and the rengar mains are hear to defend there faceroll bring logic now just downvotes

whouthink

11-30-2012

Im fairly certain that didnt actually happen. He doesnt really do any damage to tanky targets if hes not fed.

MostlySilent

11-30-2012

Have you seen Rengar's base damages before?

They're fairly atrocious.

His Q is 150.
His W is 210.
His E is like 240ish I think? I forget.

Double one of those and it's a base damage of like 800-1000, depending on what you build. Rengar is all about the damage from getting to AA/Q/Q almost instantly and then have a huge AS steroid, which doesn't work so hot when you build pure tank.

Disclaimer: Building pure tank works, you can be a beef-tank Rengar who jumps on things and beats them to death, it works. However, your damage output isn't very good, you're just really, really tough with that W.

FDru

11-30-2012

I laughed because of how straight up awful Rengar is right now.

Nerfed to hell ex-assassin who is now a ****ty bruiser with like zero useful utility. gg

Ryuben

11-30-2012

Annoying thing is if he doesn't want to fight he ults and lopes off?

Battletick

11-30-2012

Played Rengar after his nerfs, still decent because of his passive and be able to use an ability twice in a row but nothing else stands out as fantastic. Also the like 45 armor he gets from his W for 3 seconds is no comparison to other armor buffing abilties, so that doesn't make him naturally tanky in my opinion.

whouthink

11-30-2012

Quote:
Ryuben:
Annoying thing is if he doesn't want to fight he ults and lopes off?

And he just burned his 2 minute CD ult to run away. That means you came out ahead.

Fuzen kuden

11-30-2012

Quote:
MostlySilent:
Have you seen Rengar's base damages before?

They're fairly atrocious.

His Q is 150.
His W is 210.
His E is like 240ish I think? I forget.

Double one of those and it's a base damage of like 800-1000, depending on what you build. Rengar is all about the damage from getting to AA/Q/Q almost instantly and then have a huge AS steroid, which doesn't work so hot when you build pure tank.

Disclaimer: Building pure tank works, you can be a beef-tank Rengar who jumps on things and beats them to death, it works. However, your damage output isn't very good, you're just really, really tough with that W.

no one plays lol with no items, its the fact hes to tanky for his high burst.

smokemyblackpole

11-30-2012

Nope.

Ozbirta

Recruiter

11-30-2012

Quote:
FDru:
I laughed because of how straight up awful Rengar is right now.

Nerfed to hell ex-assassin who is now a ****ty bruiser with like zero useful utility. gg

You clearly haven't watched some of the ipl5 matches