Swain

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boscowitz

11-30-2012

Why is Swain never played? He has such a fun kit and one of the most unique ultimates in the game.

Are there any streams i can watch to learn more about him?

WarbossVanZwam

11-30-2012

I think the reason why he isn't played as much compared to other mages is because his kit isn't as bursty as the more common mages are.

FizzleStix

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boscowitz View Post
Why is Swain never played? He has such a fun kit and one of the most unique ultimates in the game.

Are there any streams i can watch to learn more about him?
Swain Gretzy is a plat level player who plays a lot of Swain...fun to watch his stream.

GirlsD3adMonster

11-30-2012

Other mages are a lot more rofle stompy than he is and offer superior mobility. And by superior mobility i mean "Oh **** is screwed up, get me the **** out of here" buttons

Deshawn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2012

http://www.twitch.tv/swaingretzky

The reason he isn't played is because he struggles to farm, and against the current playstyle of shove lane hard->gank bot over and over he doesn't do well. Morgana's, Katarina's, Evelynns (before the ult/dfg nerf) and Twisted Fates tend to fare much better.

Not because they can beat him in lane, but because he can't stop their roam without giving up a ton of CS and levels. Your team needs to be able to ward and deal with their roam and hold off for Swain to gank at his own pace.

He's picked up in popularity though, from what I've seen on the featured games but a lot of people don't play him very effectively. Swain Gretzky however is a good source of Swain knowledge.

Basically he's a dominating power laner, with huge team fight presence but has weaknesses where the current playstyle needs him to be stronger.

Ask Tyrant Swain

11-30-2012

Not everyone can walk with swag.
Not everyone can be 1 leg behind, yet 5 steps in front.
Not everyone can always CAWCAW, never die.
Not everyone can be a hard ass pimp.
Not everyone can be that awesome.

To all of you that play Swain! We are not everyone!
FOR THE BIRD!!!!!!!!!!

Boscowitz

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deshawn View Post
http://www.twitch.tv/swaingretzky

The reason he isn't played is because he struggles to farm, and against the current playstyle of shove lane hard->gank bot over and over he doesn't do well. Morgana's, Katarina's, Evelynns (before the ult/dfg nerf) and Twisted Fates tend to fare much better.

Not because they can beat him in lane, but because he can't stop their roam without giving up a ton of CS and levels. Your team needs to be able to ward and deal with their roam and hold off for Swain to gank at his own pace.

He's picked up in popularity though, from what I've seen on the featured games but a lot of people don't play him very effectively. Swain Gretzky however is a good source of Swain knowledge.

Basically he's a dominating power laner, with huge team fight presence but has weaknesses where the current playstyle needs him to be stronger.

thanks ill be sure to check him out.

Innolis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2012

I dream of each crow applying blackfire torch's passive T_T

WarbossVanZwam

11-30-2012

Just make sure when you play Swain that the enemy knows that the Bird is the Word

Your Persona

11-30-2012

He's less popular than other APs because he's a sustained damage mage, and burst damage mages, like Katarina, are more popular because they kill faster.

Swain also suffers from the same problem as Mundo in that one well timed Ignite or Grevious Wound can completely ruin his day.