Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sion, the crusher of sub 1500 elo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TinyTavi

11-30-2012

Quote:
lm Vayne:
Loool. He'll get crushed so hard he won't have any items even at 30 minutes.

You're just mad because the OP said that he can beat Vayne lategame, I see through your ruse.

King GrimPhenom

11-30-2012

Quote:
glittergirl1995:
Most AD sions build him completely wrong. They max E and have 1 point in W.. With that setup they will get destroyed in most mathcups. BUT if you max W and farm safely with double gp10 AD sion has decent laning and definitely no pushover in most mid and top matchups. Yes a bit less life farm in early game but because W is such a storng skill he can lane well with it. Clear waves fast, and able to survive a lot of harass while building up to the overpowered late game

As an avid AP Sion player I know this champ like the back of my hand

1. He won't survive heavy harass champs like Elise and Jayce
2. Ganks on him are actually very effective
3. With the first 2 as effective as they are he's gonna have one hell of a time in lane

Now to here's what you said

1. Double gp10 - what are those gonna turn into? Besides a setback in money
2. With the who deficiency on his laning how is he gonna reach this late game?
3. Who's he gonna affect? He's extremely kiteable

You didn't factor in all of that

KIM JONG SION

11-30-2012

Nobody cares about balance "sub 1500 elo"

as for higher elo, ad sion top is completely worthless

I main him in jungle, and even then he is very weak

The new jungle should be alot better, but he still needs some very basic changes to be a decent pick

Signal Warden

11-30-2012

Ah. I remember running AP Sion before people realized he was broken. The rage. Oh the rage. 1:1 AP on shield and on that 2 second stun. Then once you get your AP up just put on your shield and walk through minion waves and jungle until you had 3500-4000 hp and a 600-700 true damage shield and a 1400 burst combo. Oh god the rage. I think I'm gonna cry I miss it so.

Baron Bodacious

11-30-2012

Quote:
SpAceWaffLeS:
24-25, 1213 ELO commenting on "sub 1500 ELO crusher".

Maybe say SUB 1200 ELO crusher.

In other words; 1213<1200.
More at 11.

Ninja PizzaSlice

11-30-2012

[QUOTE=Trolosaurus;31952104]Sion.... is not balanced at all.
I'd actually consider him to be underpowered.
His base attack speed is very low (this is a big part of what kills him).
He only has a 1.5 sec ranged stun as his only cc and it has a very high mana cost and cd and is ruined by tenacity.
He has a very bad laning phase and requires a very high amount of farm to be effective. His jungling is also subpar.
Regardless of how you build him he will be missing something important since he needs so much to be effective.

I really want him to be viable (Favorite champion ) but he needs a rework if we want that.[/QUOTE

1 scion. 5 enemies. Ignited by all. Scion keeps cool. 2 shots everyone. GG. It happens. If fed.

smokemyblackpole

11-30-2012

Quote:
Sorian:
I've been playing this guy since the game came out in open beta, I love him so very much and it just feels so rewarding to know that the longer the game goes on the stronger you get, scaling harder than any ADC in the game. Vayne may do 8% true damage every 3rd consecutive hit but she dies almost instantly when she gets caught out of position.

Before you all start downvoting me and saying "what is cc and derp ignite no lifesteal" I'd like to share my rebutal. Sion isn't an initiator he's a high damage tanky bruiser with a stun to keep you in place for two autoattacks, if you have phage on sion the person that you're attacking is going to pretty much stay slowed. Ignite reduces healing and lifesteal by 50% which means that you've reduced my 100% in half which means when I crit someone for 500 I'm still going to be lifestealing someone for 250.

He's like most season 1 bruisers in the sense that he doesn't have a great gap closer but he doesn't really need one, that's what makes him balanced.

Don't forget that even +1500 ELO you can counter pick Kat with him which is always pretty fun.

glittergirl1995

11-30-2012

Quote:
GrimPhenom:
As an avid AP Sion player I know this champ like the back of my hand

1. He won't survive heavy harass champs like Elise and Jayce
2. Ganks on him are actually very effective
3. With the first 2 as effective as they are he's gonna have one hell of a time in lane

Now to here's what you said

1. Double gp10 - what are those gonna turn into? Besides a setback in money
2. With the who deficiency on his laning how is he gonna reach this late game?
3. Who's he gonna affect? He's extremely kiteable

You didn't factor in all of that
Yeah heavy ranged harass is strong against him. Especially guys like teemo and cass that can burn therough shield very quick. But otherwise you can use high level W to try to farm and survive. Better than laners like pre-6 akali IMO.

First gp10 can be philo which is excellent for lane survival. Second you can get hog or i like avarice for the crit later on if the lane is managable. WIth philo regen + strong shield he can definitely hold his own in lane. And about kiting in lategame you can go double PD along with IE and ghost+cleanse which is hard to kite

King GrimPhenom

11-30-2012

Quote:
glittergirl1995:
Yeah heavy ranged harass is strong against him. Especially guys like teemo and cass that can burn therough shield very quick. But otherwise you can use high level W to try to farm and survive. Better than laners like pre-6 akali IMO.

First gp10 can be philo which is excellent for lane survival. Second you can get hog or i like avarice for the crit later on if the lane is managable. WIth philo regen + strong shield he can definitely hold his own in lane. And about kiting in lategame you can go double PD along with IE and ghost+cleanse which is hard to kite

Put that on any champ that isn't a ranged ad and test that out

King GrimPhenom

11-30-2012

Quote:
bsmith242628:
Quote:
trolosaurus;31952104:
sion.... Is not balanced at all.
I'd actually consider him to be underpowered.
His base attack speed is very low (this is a big part of what kills him).
He only has a 1.5 sec ranged stun as his only cc and it has a very high mana cost and cd and is ruined by tenacity.
He has a very bad laning phase and requires a very high amount of farm to be effective. His jungling is also subpar.
Regardless of how you build him he will be missing something important since he needs so much to be effective.

I really want him to be viable (favorite champion :d) but he needs a rework if we want that.

1 scion. 5 enemies. Ignited by all. Scion keeps cool. 2 shots everyone. Gg. It happens. If fed.

hahaha

Oh that was funny