Saying so and so is useless in teamfights doesn't make a champ bad

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King GrimPhenom

11-30-2012

It means they obviously have a different strength than team fighting

While team fighting is a majority of the game in getting some progress done there are champs who aren't so great at fighting in a 5v5

My favorite champ: Tryndamere in a team fight? ****ing forget about it, I've played maybe 500 games on Tryn and about 60% involved me getting super focused, chain cc'd, kited around, and my team running away from me despite me ulting and praying they do something other than cower away

I'm really tired of GD trying to say a champ doesn't do anything in team fights so they're automatically bad (Elise was largely subjected to that, leading to an unnecessary damage buff)

Team fights don't make the entire game and there are different ways of winning other than just proxy fighting for zero reason and dying. Me personally I take a split push strat and push in top as hard as I can and distract whole enemy teams sometimes while my team is able to take objectives and push While I ward their top jungle and carry ghost and exhaust and Oh, I'm Tryndamere so dueling me is often just a bad idea.

And with 2-3 members of the enemy team trying to kill me the rest of my team should be able to grab objectives, towers, and demolish the people who're left

This does lead sometimes to games where my team finds it a good idea to constantly fight 4v5, get caught without warding, and etc. despite knowing that I'm not too great in a 5v5, and knowing I'm giving them free opportunities to get everything we need to win. And often the blame is placed solely on me.

Whatever the point is that saying someone isn't that good in team fights isn't a valid reason to call them bad, saying they only win lane isn't a valid reason to call them bad, there are so many ways to win a game that you're just not adapting to and blaming it a champ's team fight ability is a really dumb idea

So when you see champs like: Tryndamere, Shaco, Nidalee etc. There might be a different dynamic to your team and you're just gonna have to adapt to their unique abilities rather than just place blame

Amélie Poulain

11-30-2012

while the initial thought is true, teamfights are crucial in this game

so having very little teamfight presence is definitely a huge downside to a champion

King GrimPhenom

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amlie Poulain View Post
while the initial thought is true, teamfights are crucial in this game

so having very little teamfight presence is definitely a huge downside to a champion
Well while this is partially true the thing is if the game has started and you know a certain champ on your team doesn't have much presence in team fights

You can't play the game like you normally would and you should play around their strengths otherwise you're only fooling yourself

King GrimPhenom

11-30-2012

Champs Like Tryndamere and AD Yi are champs who're great at dueling with a lot of champs and great at relieving pressure across the map

Shaco is great at snowballing his lanes very early

Xerath is great at Sieging towers and ranged Pick-offs

Elise is good at Picking off low health targets and disabling targets (however this example doesn't count because Elise is good in team fights)

Nid is a great split pusher and executioner

These are all champs who have meh team fight presence but have unique skills that teams can definitely play around rather than insisting on team fighting all over the place

DaltzMaltz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2012

You made a post.

LSA

11-30-2012

Agreed, especially with Shaco. The whole point in Shaco is to give the other team a hellish early game ever and snowball all lanes so your team can actually 4v5 since he isn't so great in teamfights.

Brianmc

11-30-2012

People said Jayce was also bad during teamfights. And Elise. Elise isnt the best at teamfights in the beginning of them BUT once people health starts going down, I LOVE just picking them off and getting double and triples.

IS1efce51bb8bca172b5508

11-30-2012

I don't see how Jayce is very strong during teamfights. In my mind he's kind of like Lee Sin in teamfights, good peeler but not much else. Besides, other good tops like Irelia or Darius outscale him tremendously damage-wise unless he completely shuts them down in lane.

BACKSTABUUU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimPhenom View Post
Xerath is great at Sieging towers and ranged Pick-offs

These are all champs who have meh team fight presence but have unique skills that teams can definitely play around rather than insisting on team fighting all over the place
Huh? I don't think Xerath has bad teamfight presence at all, his stun has a very low cooldown and he does a huge amount of initial damage, all while not having to be anywhere near the fight. A good Xerath is terrifying to deal with in teamfights.