Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Game][Critical][Feedback]Tiamat is a Babylonian GOD

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Komeiji Koishi

11-30-2012

Have you considered that the idea of pitting a Babylonian god vs a Greek god is as patently ridiculous as pitting [insert Marvel universe character here] against [insert DC universe character here]?

Or Pokemon vs Yu-Gi-Oh.
I could go on.

unkull

11-30-2012

How about tou take this into either the General Discussion or the items forum. Even though it is about items not out on live, I find it irrelevant to this forum.

Tortferngatr

11-30-2012

I too noted the inconsistency, and would support this change. I don't mind it the way it is now (not exactly critical,) but it's certainly worth considering.

If this change were to go through, I would consider changing Ravenous Hydra to "Hydra" and Tiamat to "Tiamat the Devourer," just to preserve the sense of power "Ravenous" provides while adding the additional oomph Tiamat should rightly have.

get dat birdman

11-30-2012

Quote:
Taikero:
(nobody cares about Norse mythology ;_; )

Fwiw, people care more about Norse than Egyptian. >.>

Ahrimal

Recruiter

11-30-2012

I agree, but the name has been too darkly muddied at this point to swap it

TheRealAlastar

11-30-2012

The Blood Hydra, it can hit multiple opponents, as if it had multiple heads, it heals you (itself) much like the Hydra healed itself. The name fits what the item does. Should the weapon Tiamat be called Tiamat? Probably not, but should the names be switched even though the mythos wouldn't fit near as well with the item's abilities? Nah.

The Blood Hydra's picture also has multiple blades or "heads" if you will.

DubiousKing

11-30-2012

Am I the only one that's come to conclusion that OP is being sarcastic?

PickleJuice88

11-30-2012

+rating. keep it tiamat. i named my dog tiamat

Draconic74

11-30-2012

In this case, I demand that Lich Bane be renamed to something else, as it no longer has MR, and therefore has nothing to do with baning liches. Swap it's name with Wit's End, that is more appropriate.

Also, the Infinity Edge should at least be the most expensive item in the game, if it is infinite.

Rylai's Crystal Scepter should be made into a support item, as anyone who plays Dota knows Rylai does not make a very good primary mage and is 99% of the time delegated to the support role.

And finally, the Spirit of the Spectral Wraith. The other two items are named after buff-carrying jungle creeps, so I don't see why the wraith gets one, and not the wolves or the golems. Either make the Wraith have a buff or make one for all of them. It's discrimination otherwise.

And can anyone tell me why my bows turn into swords and my swords turn into bows?

Raisu

11-30-2012

The images that keeps popping up in my searches for "Tiamat" are that of a multi-headed dragon.
Similar, although different style, appears for the search "Hydra".

One thing you'll learn is to take things at face value. Taking that approach, leave it at Tiamat and Hydra being similar entities.
Do not take deep delves into any kind of mythologically specific details you believe are tied with the item itself.

On a similar argument i could say "omg riot, make Talon's robe white like it should be, we all know that Talon's supposed to be AltEzio Kenway from Assassin's Creed 123"

@Draconic74: The Spirit of the Spectral Wraith relates to Ghast from Twisted Treeline as a buff-carrying jungle creep in the old Twisted Treeline map.

Oh but wait, Ghast provided movement speed buffs and disable resistance, why no Tenacity / Increased Movement Speed on SoSW?
My response to that question is to take a look at the Spirit of the Ancient Golem, it doesnt provide cooldown and high mana regeneration. It provides tank stats and tenacity.

The only Spirit Stone item that provides stats directly related to the buff-carrying-boss it represents is the Spirit of the Elder Lizard.