Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tear of goddess update question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Dark Dreamer

11-30-2012

Hey guys I was just curious about the new tear of goddess.
It says "Now triggers when you spend mana as well as spellcasts."

So it's going to be procing every time a tic of mana goes down for something like swains ult or amumu's cry?

If so I feel like you are going to be able to gain mana at an alarming rate.
Also I could just sit in spawn and let one of my abilities just get me 1000 mana real quick.

IonDragonX

11-30-2012

Quote:
The Dark Dreamer:
So it's going to be procing every time a tic of mana goes down for something like swains ult or amumu's cry?
Also I could just sit in spawn and let one of my abilities just get me 1000 mana real quick.

Yes it does mana charge by 3 every time you spend your mana. You can just sit in base and cry away.
However, there is a 3 second cooldown for each charge with a capacitance of 3. This means you can instantly build 3 charges (+3 +3 +3), then you have to wait until one expires (tic tic tic) to make another charge.(+3) So then you have to wait until another one expires and so on and so forth.
Do you want to sit in base for 744 seconds to fully charge? That's over 12 minutes.

DubiousKing

11-30-2012

I think it's to widen the use of Tear. It's classically been viable only on spell-spammers, but now it's a more useful item for more champions.

I'm fairly sure they took into account all the mana-spending abilities out there when they decided to add this new functionality (Anivia, Ashe, Singed, Swain, Amumu, any others I might've missed).

The Dark Dreamer

11-30-2012

Quote:
IonDragonX:

However, there is a 3 second cooldown for each charge with a capacitance of 3. This means you can instantly build 3 charges (+3 +3 +3), then you have to wait until one expires (tic tic tic) to make another charge.(+3) So then you have to wait until another one expires and so on and so forth.
Do you want to sit in base for 744 seconds to fully charge? That's over 12 minutes.

Ok I'm glad to hear there are restrictions, I was just wanting some more details on the update.
Thanks for the info

IonDragonX

11-30-2012

Quote:
IonDragonX:
Yes it does mana charge by 3 every time you spend your mana. You can just sit in base and cry away.

Anyway that the way it is supposed to work. Looking through some other threads, there seems to be some debate over whether or not the item is bugged. It could be that, right now, the charges all expire when 3 seconds is up. If that is the case, you charge (+3 +3 +3), then you wait till they all expire (tic tic tic) then start all over again.
If it really is bugged that way, then you can finish in 250 seconds or so. That's over 4 minutes but still too fast.

The Dark Dreamer

11-30-2012

Quote:
IonDragonX:

If it really is bugged that way, then you can finish in 250 seconds or so. That's over 4 minutes but still too fast.

Hmm I'm sure they will have it fixed by the time it fully releases then.
Ya, grab blue buff and you're set.