Something new I hate about this game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

QueenMeg

11-30-2012

I'm one of those people who tries to be as laid back as possible when it comes to this game. I used to be one of those people that raged HARD and I feel like it made me play worse and others (like riot says when your game is loading lmao).

So I changed my ways and try and help out the team by giving good advice etc.

So I'm playing middle as swain and owning this Kennen, my team is doing fine as well. We all won every single lane.. and then for some reason our Diana decided to backdoor and we kept getting caught without Diana so we lost maybe 2 teamfights.

And then I asked her nicely to stay with the team. We were still ahead at this point because Diana got a turret and we somehow picked some of them off alone.. But later on in the game our ADC was like "Surrender were going to lose" Meanwhile we were ahead in kills and turrets.... then all of a sudden the surrender vote fails and she says "Bye" and disconnects. Can you guess what happens next? I say to report her... and her duo que buddies say "she had to go don't report"

UNLESS YOUR FAMILY MEMBER IS DYING AND IS IN THE HOSPITAL, I DON'T SEE A REASON FOR YOU TO LEAVE. DON'T START A GAME OF LEAGUE OF LEGENDS IF YOU CANNOT FINISH YOUR GAME. It makes me so frustrated because it was an easy win, and I play to win..

Just a little rant instead of raging at people in game.
And this is why I hate solo que. But none of my friends are on at this time of day

Ramachese

11-30-2012

I feel your pain. I have had too many games where, in the middle of the game (or even at the beginning) someone says, "Mom just yelled for dinner," or some other nonsense. I personally only start a game (excluding bot games) when I know the next hour is clear. Even when I get a phone call I tell the person on the other end that I will need to call them back.

When you start a game you are obligating yourself to finish it. Just sayin'

Aragorn5705

11-30-2012

I'm sorry, real life is so much more important than League. If something comes up that is rl, I am not going to sit there and play League while I have real life obligations or activities to be a part of. You have to learn this game means nothing in terms of real life unless you're going into a professional setting through this game. This game will not help you in real life and therefore should not take precedents over anything in real life. If dinner is called, they should be allowed to go because it's far more important than League. If something happens that is real life related, people should be allowed to do it. I'm sorry, it's EXTREMELY selfish and dickish of you to say the only way it is ok to leave a League game is if a family member is dying and is in the hospital. I find that mildly offensive and I'm sure people who have lives that play this game would feel the same because there are a lot of things I can think of that is a good reason to leave a game. Life isn't about you and about winning a game. It's a game...Get over it...

PoisonedPeace

11-30-2012

As this lovely person above me said, real life anything is more important than a good game of LoL. And on top of that, one game won't make or break your elo

GFireflyE

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn5705 View Post
I'm sorry, real life is so much more important than League. If something comes up that is rl, I am not going to sit there and play League while I have real life obligations or activities to be a part of. You have to learn this game means nothing in terms of real life unless you're going into a professional setting through this game. This game will not help you in real life and therefore should not take precedents over anything in real life. If dinner is called, they should be allowed to go because it's far more important than League. If something happens that is real life related, people should be allowed to do it. I'm sorry, it's EXTREMELY selfish and dickish of you to say the only way it is ok to leave a League game is if a family member is dying and is in the hospital. I find that mildly offensive and I'm sure people who have lives that play this game would feel the same because there are a lot of things I can think of that is a good reason to leave a game. Life isn't about you and about winning a game. It's a game...Get over it...
You may feel justified in leaving for a 'real life' event, but the OP is than completely justified in reporting you....and that report may eventually wind you up in perma-ban territory.

If you're cool with that, by all means, carry on.

Aragorn5705

11-30-2012

Yes, I am completely fine with people who think League is more important than real life banning me. If they fail to see that this game means nothing in the real world and they wish to continue to believe otherwise, ban me. I don't care. Real life is more important than this game will ever be.

Corner Warrior

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn5705 View Post
Just another example of the sad next generation coming up... When you queue up, you're telling 9 other people that you will be there for the next 30-60 minutes. If you're going to make that commitment, then you better follow through. You're an extremely sad individual if you think nothing is wrong with ruining the next 45 minutes for someone, because you'd rather leave something you said you'd do, just to head off to the mall.

Aragorn5705

11-30-2012

I never said leaving to go the mall is ok unless it's important. Yes, queueing up does mean you're committing to that but there are much better commitments to take priority over League. I'm not "ruining" anyones time. It's a game. If I'm "ruining" your time because I'm leaving a game to be with my family or go do something more important because something came up, I'm not the sad one. If people cannot realize that this game is not more important than real life, people will have the attitude you do. Sure, leaving because you're bored or just wanna be done to go to the mall that's different. If it's to be with family or a significant other or something else, it's justifiable and I can guarantee you other people who play this game will say that if they understand what is important in life. This game is not it. I like this game and enjoy playing it but it is not more important than real life things.

IamTheTrueKing

Recruiter

11-30-2012

Aragorn, I think I understand what you're saying.

I agree that this isn't the most important thing in the real world. Infact, lol means absolutely nothing because it's a game. But you wouldn't join a 5v5 just to kill 15 minutes of your time waiting to go to the mall would you?

JoDari

11-30-2012

A game can last up to an hour. Make sure that you don't have any real life obligations for the next hour when you are going to play. Ask your mom if you can play and that it will take an hour.

If she says that your family is going out to eat in 30 minutes, don't try to squeeze in a game on Summoner's Rift.

If the totally hot girl from your science class, whom you've been dreaming about for the last 2 weeks, calls you up out of the blue to take her to the mall, I'd probably ditch my League of Legends game.