Idea when lowering prices of champs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xShizz

11-30-2012

When riot lowers the prices on champs like kog or Cassiopeia they should give the people who bought them before they were lowered an exclusive skin or something special because a lot of people got really mad when they paid full price for a champ just to have its price lowered the next week. Just a thought

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-30-2012

Generally speaking, at least when it comes to RP purchases, if the price of what you purchased is discounted shortly after your purchase, Riot will go back and refund the difference.

This is particularly true for buying a skin a day or two before it ends up going on sale.

I imagine the same would be true for champions with decreased RP prices, whether their price has been decreased permanently or due to a sale.

However, I can't really see Riot giving out anything special if you purchased the champion with IP and then they discounted the IP price. I don't know. I mean maybe if you purchased the champion within a day or two of the price discount, but other than that, I don't think so.

TheChinman

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiftSong View Post
When riot lowers the prices on champs like kog or Cassiopeia they should give the people who bought them before they were lowered an exclusive skin or something special because a lot of people got really mad when they paid full price for a champ just to have its price lowered the next week. Just a thought
The thing is, they usually announce something like this a little in advance. Especially with the Kog/Cass deal, I'm pretty sure we knew about that several weeks in advance.

So if you paid full price for the champion, you were getting the benefit of playing that champion earlier than you would have if you waited for the price drop. That's your "something special".

I mean, you wouldn't expect McDonald's to give you back $2 if you bought a Big Mac for $3 and the day after they put it on the Dollar Menu. Not the best example, but similar reasoning has been used before.

This is different than with the weekly champion/skin sales, where if you buy the champ/skin right before the sale started they'll likely give you a refund for the difference (like mentioned above).

BTWFDRhadpolio

11-30-2012

Why does everyone think they deserve something special? So you spent more IP than you would have if you waited a week, why does that entitle you to anything?