Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

If the entire point of PBE is to test

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zoocalu

11-29-2012

then besides testing if the surrender button works why is it even there...

i had just got the item i wanted to test and the enemy team surrendered...

Blazing Pascal

11-29-2012

well for one... if you were all testing, and decided that you were done and wanted to end the game more quickly, you could surrender and save time.

zoocalu

11-29-2012

so i suggest that the surrender vote has to be at least 7 of all 10 players

i think this will make people focus more on testing rather than messing around or playing to seriously

Izisery

Recruiter

11-30-2012

PBE has to be a mirror image of the other client, or else it doesn't fulfill it's duty as a testing ground. If you take out surrender, you can't accurately test some things with the client because the other client has surrender.

That being said, picture this, you go into a game, and you're bugged, you can't play, you can't test anything out, but you also can't leave either or else you get reported/caught by leaver buster. Now, 4 people on the other team can play fine, in fact they can kill you repeatedly over and over again, even if you can't leave base, and they think it's hilarious. So, do you wait 40 minutes to an hour for them to finish the game that you can't play, because they're having fun at your expense, or do you leave and risk your account? You can't surrender cause they won't let you.

now, I haven't experienced that exactly, but I have had ARAM games where the opposing team refused to end the game, but also held us hostage in the nexus so they could continue picking up lots of kills.