@Xpecial: You're bad at Leona, stop.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Loture

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBoss View Post
I am not saying he played well, but I will say that there's a reason he's on a competitive team playing in IPL5 and you are not. He did play poorly, as did TSM as a whole (at least in comparison to the other teams there), but saying you're a better player than him is a pretty ****ing bold statement, especially when he's making money playing this game and you're just sitting there criticizing everything.
I love how people always use the arguement that JUST BECAUSE I'm not on a top team means my opinions / fact stating is invalid. There are high elo games that are better quality than some games being played at IPL5 that I have been a part of and you haven't (hence the badges). Playing a champion to their maximum potential doesn't require a degree, it requires practice and proof of which I have both.

Selcopa

11-30-2012

Also no one starts fairy charm Leona. Who does that? There is no secret strategy he had in mind. Its just a basic mistake

Kise

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiralune View Post
You begin with no wards at all? As a support?
As a killer
FTFY

Kise

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meds View Post
And if they have cleanse and heavy disencounters?
3.5 minute cooldown

bam

U Vlad Br0

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?odestár View Post
I love how people always use the arguement that JUST BECAUSE I'm not on a top team means my opinions / fact stating is invalid. There are high elo games that are better quality than some games being played at IPL5 that I have been a part of and you haven't (hence the badges). Playing a champion to their maximum potential doesn't require a degree, it requires practice and proof of which I have both.
Can you recommend the top three support counterpicks to Leona?

Selcopa

11-30-2012

Taric. Anticipate the Leona E, stun ad carry. Leona goes balls deep while ad carry can't follow up.

Lulu. Great poke, slow, shield and slow.

I am comfortable playing Janna vs Leona, the key is to maintain a triangle between you, your adc and the enemy adc while staying out of range of Leona. Ward and poke early to discourage the hard engage. Always aim your tornado to hit both enemies. And never get hit by Leona. You are very squishy

Kise

11-30-2012

Lustboy starts boots and cloth armor. Killing ****.

charm is still trash on Leona start.

U Vlad Br0

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selcopa View Post
Taric. Anticipate the Leona E, stun ad carry. Leona goes balls deep while ad carry can't follow up.

Lulu. Great poke, slow, shield and slow.

I am comfortable playing Janna vs Leona, the key is to maintain a triangle between you, your adc and the enemy adc while staying out of range of Leona. Ward and poke early to discourage the hard engage. Always aim your tornado to hit both enemies. And never get hit by Leona. You are very squishy
Thanks, what would be the recommended starting items on Leona then depending on the matchup? It seems that everyone buys Heart of Gold on the first back but I'm not sure what the best start is.

namora

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by U Vlad Br0 View Post
Thanks, what would be the recommended starting items on Leona then depending on the matchup? It seems that everyone buys Heart of Gold on the first back but I'm not sure what the best start is.
It depends on who you're laning with/against + enemy jungler. Also as olde has stated, leona is a hard engage champion, so you have to keep in mind that you will need to be able to engage and to walk away from w/e damage you take to secure the advantage.

I personally start regrowth pendant + sight ward + hp pot(mainly because I'm at 1100 elo and junglers usually suck) so I can sit in the bush, regen health, be intimidating and launch on their adc forever and again.
However, higher elo players may start with more wards because junglers who can gank early WILL gank early, and if they know you're not warding, you're in for a fiddlesticks surprise every 10 seconds(figure of speech).
I've also seen a couple clothe + vision + sight ward, but I don't know how viable that is as I've never tried it.

Most importantly out of all the things above, you must know that there's no set in stone best opening. It's always situational, and for that, the best thing is experience.

Loture

11-30-2012

I hope Xpecial has learned a lot over night.. Leona pick again.