Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What is the absolute worst elo to be in

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

udiedbybows

11-29-2012

Hi, I am a league of legends player that played since season 1. Started ranked in season 2, had a good start in season 3, but then it declined. I will be talking about what is the worst elo ranged to be in. Most people say Elo hell under 1400, but that is not the case. My elo has ranged from as low as about 700 (end of season 2) and 1400 (after a winning streak at season 3). In season 2 I stupidly started playing ranked games as soon as I hit level 30, what I did not know is that there was a whole new meta game style, not just 2 top a mid and 2 bot. There was all these confusing roles. my elo dropped constantly, and by the end of season 2 I was around 700 elo. then I raised to 1400 at the start of season 3 with a gigantic winning streak. In season 2 my elo stayed at around 900-1200 for along time, and I found out that the people at around 900 elo played smarter, cooperated, and if you made a mistake they just said good try, on my season 2 highpoint when i was around 1100 it was complete chaos, in team select everyone yelled out their roles, and fought, ingame if you made a mistake there was hell to pay and there is always that one person that says "trust me". In my experience 90% of the games where someone says "trust me" I lose that game, and 50% of the time it is because of that person. I noticed the trend of "trust me" also in around 1100 elo. So in conclusion I feel that 1100 elo or around there is the Worst possible elo range to be in

JRiMi

11-30-2012

I haven't been very high but I do know that I'm up to 1k this season and its sooo much worse than 700-900

50 Percent

11-30-2012

wait you got to level 30... with out knowing about juggling???? how many bot games did you play. Personally from my experience from about level 15 people started attempting to play the meta (except support mostly)

OriginalJack

11-30-2012

I've never dropped as low as 700 but I do think that people around 900 to 1100 are pretty annoying to play with because they always seem to think they deserve to be 2k elo but most of them are bad in one way or another that's keeping them from moving up.

Fight Money

11-30-2012

This one guy dodged to zero elo

Shadogi

11-30-2012

Quote:
JRiMi:
I haven't been very high but I do know that I'm up to 1k this season and its sooo much worse than 700-900

The closer you get to 1200 the worse it gets. The problem is that once players hit level 30 amnd get into ranked, they start at 1200, so getting good game is pretty hit or miss depending on how many new players end up on your team. I haven't been higher than 1243, but I suspect once you get to ~1350, it gets better.

H0p0nP0p

11-30-2012

i was at 1150, then went to 800, then climbed all the way ending at 1250 for silver in S2.

now, started around 1250, went all the way to 1350. dropped dead for 5 games in a row... win 1, then drop another 5... hit about 1100 elo. Now am back at 1200.

i would say the worse place is 1200-1300 elo. wen i was at 1300+ for those 2 or 3 games. everyone FOUGHT VALIANTLY til the end even though it was 15-30. even those that fell behind managed to come back or put up a good team fight and gave a winning chance.

but once i hit back at less than 1300... 20 min SURRENDER/TROLLS/AFK'ers/RAGERS EVERYWHERE!!! and most of the surrender games, the gold count was not even that far behind, about hitting like 1-2k difference only... the thing they see is "darius/ezreal/caitlyn/missfortune/gangplank is 10-2!!! SURRENDER!"

adc

11-30-2012

Quote:
Shadogi:
The closer you get to 1200 the worse it gets. The problem is that once players hit level 30 amnd get into ranked, they start at 1200, so getting good game is pretty hit or miss depending on how many new players end up on your team. I haven't been higher than 1243, but I suspect once you get to ~1350, it gets better.

It really doesn't. I played about 40 games around 1450 Elo at the tail end of S2 over about a week - half of them I got braindead dip****s who didn't know how to play with a team.

hlnub

11-30-2012

1300 is ridiculously stupid, everyone sucks lane phase lasts about 8-10 minutes before a tower is gone and 5 people collapse mid. every single game. ranked pisses me off so bad its just hard to play and unfortunately u start in that elo range -__-

Hoisengerd

11-30-2012

anything below 2k elo is bad