Solution to ELO system in a way that makes sense to riot.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ıcarus 905

11-29-2012

PAID RANKED

Riot get more $, which lets be honest all they give a **** about.
and we get actual competitive ranked play, instead of

"i only know mid and top"

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-29-2012

1) This would only even approach accomplishing what you say it will accomplish if the cost were a recurring monthly fee.

2) If it is a recurring monthly fee, I don't think Riot will find too many players interested in paying a monthly fee on top of still having to pay for champions.

LoLersBane

11-29-2012

you'll just keep blaming trolls and leavers and lag and noobs, just now you will be paying for it.

ıcarus 905

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoLersBane View Post
you'll just keep blaming trolls and leavers and lag and noobs, just now you will be paying for it.
i like this post, it made me laugh

adc

11-29-2012

I like the idea - put a barrier between people who want to play Ranked for fun and to try it out and the people who are actually trying to win games.

I severely dislike the implementation - I've already thrown $300-$400 over 2 or so years at Riot. That's $16/month. I wouldn't be surprised if I was only a bit above the average of a longer term player. I've paid quite a bit of money to them - why should I have to pay more for the privilege of raging at my computer screen when a team throws away Freelo?

port5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2012

*rescinds keyboard from you* "Na!"

ParinoidPanda

11-30-2012

Nice idea. However, this would fly in the face of the "Free to play" slogan. Even competitive ranked play must be free. Otherwise they have to put an * on all of their advertisements, which will turn away potential players.

Soraka Goes Mid

11-30-2012

Worst idea NA.

burnipple

11-30-2012

****ty idea. just create a draft game filter of 200 wins or more and earn your right to actually be good.