How Best to start Writing a FanFic

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Theamp4

12-04-2012

Yeah, It's cool :P I have no FF account mostly because FF.net doesn't let me on the site for a stupid reason >_> If I decide to have scenes in it, then it will probably be on Wattpad, under the restricted section :P

AGHHHHH
RIVEN, OR LEONA
RIVEN OR LEONA
R OR L
R. L.
CHARACTER NAME STEIN
R. L. STEIN!

AH AH AHA HA

But seriously, I can't decide T_T

Edit: **** it, Riven.

BladeAngelx

12-04-2012

I have to agree with what Ceru had to say. OC author self-inserts are just something that is really hard to do because people very rarely recognize their own flaws and even if they do they do not write them. In the public eye like that they tend to make themselves out to be the dramatic hero and it does draw bad attention towards someone and on a personal level at that.

When I first started writing fanfiction with Shadow of the Maven I did exactly what Kobu said. I figured out what two characters I wanted to write about. I had no idea what the overall story arc was or who else would be involved. I simply sat down and let words flow from my head. The rough draft was very unrefined and not very detailed, it had many spelling mistakes, and I had to add in a lot of extra content to make it fill out to what it became, but at the heart of the writing process there is simply getting the motivation to sit down and write what you are thinking.

Theamp4

12-04-2012

Oh! You were Shadow of the Maven! That was the first Fan Fic I read! Thanks for starting me off here Blade!

I understand that they are hard. I'm actually going to try and exploit my flaws. As I said in the actual thread, I am not strong, I am very shy, not outgoing at all *hence why he hides behind the trees so much and wants to be alone a lot* I only gave him magic cause otherwise he's just a civilian, and there is nothing really... interesting about a civilian ._.

BladeAngelx

12-04-2012

Best of luck on it, i'll be following it in the shadows ready to give you creative feedback if I have any to offer.

steak style

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

in general, good writing is rewriting. expect your first draft to suck, but you can change things up and revise it before you publish

Frost Archer

12-04-2012

^Agreed