How to improve at ADC champions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MyBerryPigBenis

11-28-2012

Hi i am new at adc champions.. and I am practicing on Tristana.
I am just confused on how to player her because in every game people harass me verbally telling me how much I suck and I'm a noob. They don't bother to help me improve my gameplay with Tristana.

If anybody could help me that would be great. I just want to get better at her
It is so sad how inconsiderate many of the individuals in leagues are though

Kyrie Friegraf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

Practicing hitting a minion only when it would've died anyway and never attacking them at any other time improves your last hitting ability. I'm not sure how to practice positioning, but the idea there is to never be in any kind of situation you can't get out of (Ex using Rocket Jump to attack someone and then realizing you're in danger with no way to fix it). Also, the biggest problem with ADCs (all levels of play) is being aware of the game in general; you have to focus to last hit, but you also have to pay attention to your partner and/or the river just in case someone decides to make a move, no matter who it is.

Lochemya

11-28-2012

Before anything, I'd like to point out the contradiction of your kind vernacular and your vulgar name. In all honesty, it's not hard to imagine that players would have a significantly reduced amount of sympathy for you. You would be surprised how much subconscious contempt can color language.

That being said, I think it's great that you're trying out a new role. Too many players autolock into roles and rage when they don't get their way. Tristana is a unique champion in the League because of her passive. No other champion has a scaling increase in attack range. At level 18, Tristana has the largest passive range in the game, the only other contender being Kog'Maw with his range steroid activated. In addition to her range, her ultimate not only has decent damage, but it has ridiculous utility in teamfights.

As such, Tristana's big plays focus heavily on two distinct timeframes: the moment she hits level 6 and the end game. When Trist hits level 6, she is armed with an ultimate that does a surprising amount of damage. Not only that, she can also maneuver herself to force the enemy into a bad position with the knockback. If you haven't already, level 6 is when Trist should start try and start snowballling.

The other (longer) moment of glory for Tristana is the end game. At level 18, Tristana outranges every single Champion who tries to make a move on her, and it is a simple matter to attack+move and watch the damage climb. Unfortunately, the end game is heavily dependent on items, making it very important that Tristana has either gotten fed or farmed consistently until that point.

With those two time frames in mind, the best thing a Tristana can do is farm. Work on your last-hitting to really build up the money. Another tip is to work on minimap awareness. A gank can either kill you or force you to recall back to your base. Both of these scenarios result in you missing precious minion kills and farming time.

Hope that helps!

man mode on

11-28-2012

start up a custom game with a bot or no bot and just practice last hitting.

mambawarrior0

11-28-2012

Buy a name change on sale.

xCust0m

11-28-2012

My first champion was Tristana.

You generally just want to farm up while harassing early game with your E DOT.

You should try to use your jump only if necessary as it has a lengthy cooldown.

Your build should be the usual ADC build: Berserker greaves, Infinity Edge, Phantom Dancer, Last Whisper, Blood Thirster and a final defensive item such as Banshee's Veil, Guardian angel and Quick Silver Sash.

Your ultimate should be used to knock the opponent back from escaping or as finishing blow.

Your abilities should be leveled up as such - R>W>Q>E - However, you should take 2 points in E at the beginning.

An auto attack should be used immediately after an E for maximum harass.

Your E can be shot while in mid-air therefore, it's very time efficient to use your E while rocket jumping. However, rocket jumping should primarily be reserved for escaping.

Never rocket jump into a team fight. The only combat usage of your jump is for 1v1 or AP Tristana

You want an aggressive support such as Leona, Taric or Alistar.

Red Buff is good for any ADC

AP Tristana is a semi-troll build. Your primary damage is your W, E and R. It is semi- troll as (although 3 of tristana's abilities scale of AP) it is too risky and stupid to rocket jump into a team fight as it is suicidal considering the squishiness of Tristana.

AD Tristana is a better build as it deals damage similar to AP Tristana but does not require you to jump into a team in order to deal damage.

Finally, Tristana is probably the best late-game damage ADC. If your farm is sufficient, you should dominate.

Have fun.