Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Do you agree?

Yes 117 10.79%
Yes, and make all profits from the skin be donated to cancer research 863 79.61%
No 104 9.59%
Voters 1084 .

Petition - One last Teemo skin, in the honor of Hunter

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nivex30

11-30-2012

I support this. Riot pls

AscleiP

11-30-2012

Re-bumping.

Cheers,
D.

Atyres

11-30-2012

Quote:
Munchlord:

Why make a skin instead of a quote addition? Because a quote addition makes for a nice Easter egg. Don't mistake me, the Jaximus skin change was a really nice move by Riot, as was the sale, but I really do not think it makes for any sort of a functional monument to our support because of the very low visibility of it. You basically only ever encounter it if you are the one playing Jax with that skin, while an entire skin for a champion is seen by everyone you are playing with in the match, giving it an inherent 10 times larger visibility (or 6 times if you're playing TT). On top of that, the Jax quote is only there on a handful occasions during that match for the one person playing Jax, while the skin would be a constant presence throughout the match. Visibility is very important for a symbol like this to serve its purpose. That is why a skin is relevant.

So you're trying to say that this young man was more important than the young man they made the quote for? Why does this person deserve a skin for them and the other just got a quote?

I am going to sound like a mean person for this, but why does this person deserve a skin? Some people supported them yeah, but there are hundreds to thousands of people who die of cancer who probably play this game and not one of them got a skin. The most appropriate thing if Riot should so choose to do so is to make a sale and possibly a small easter egg, not give the person with the most skins even more because one person liked them and they unfortunately passed on.

Munchlord

11-30-2012

Quote:
Atyres:
So you're trying to say that this young man was more important than the young man they made the quote for? Why does this person deserve a skin for them and the other just got a quote?

I am going to sound like a mean person for this, but why does this person deserve a skin? Some people supported them yeah, but there are hundreds to thousands of people who die of cancer who probably play this game and not one of them got a skin. The most appropriate thing if Riot should so choose to do so is to make a sale and possibly a small easter egg, not give the person with the most skins even more because one person liked them and they unfortunately passed on.

After reading your post and another that touched onto the same topic, I edited in an addition to the first post of the thread attempting to explain more in depth about my views on the matter. In essence, while Hunter's case is what brought this petition about, what inspired me to make it, in truth this is about much much more than Hunter alone, he is simply the example put forward that spurred me to this action. But the idea, the skin and the symbol isn't just about Hunter. It's about a symbol of us rallying together as fellow human beings to support those who suffer from cancer either directly or by watching a close friend or relative struggle with it.

Atyres

11-30-2012

Quote:
Munchlord:
After reading your post and another that touched onto the same topic, I edited in an addition to the first post of the thread attempting to explain more in depth about my views on the matter. In essence, while Hunter's case is what brought this petition about, what inspired me to make it, in truth this is about much much more than Hunter alone, he is simply the example put forward that spurred me to this action. But the idea, the skin and the symbol isn't just about Hunter. It's about a symbol of us rallying together as fellow human beings to support those who suffer from cancer either directly or by watching a close friend or relative struggle with it.

Then you shouldn't be rallying for Hunter alone. Again I may sound like a real jerk, but to be honest a skin sale for the research is enough. We didn't get a Tsunami relief skin, we got Nurse Akali half off and all of the proceeds during the sale went to relief. We didn't get a Make a Wish skin (the name of the young man doesn't come to mind at the moment), we got Jaximus half off and a quote with proceeds going to charity. Same thing should happen here, if Riot so chooses to support the cause. The other two were of the same caliber of disaster, your cause is no better or worse.

Kaiizoku

11-30-2012

This story touched my heart. I support and would buy the skin.

Munchlord

11-30-2012

Quote:
Atyres:
Then you shouldn't be rallying for Hunter alone. Again I may sound like a real jerk, but to be honest a skin sale for the research is enough. We didn't get a Tsunami relief skin, we got Nurse Akali half off and all of the proceeds during the sale went to relief. We didn't get a Make a Wish skin (the name of the young man doesn't come to mind at the moment), we got Jaximus half off and a quote with proceeds going to charity. Same thing should happen here, if Riot so chooses to support the cause. The other two were of the same caliber of disaster, your cause is no better or worse.

Your points are good, I will give you that. As for rallying for Hunter alone, I realized the communicative mistake as far as that goes, hence the edit to my main post. As for the Tsunami relief effort and such, while I fully recognize that it was a terrible disaster and my heart (and some of my money) went out to the victims when it happened, I do believe that cancer (which, if I recall correctly, was the Make a Wish bro's disease too) is a bigger cause. Cancer is the leading cause of death in the developed world and the second to leading cause of death in the developing world, it hardly gets any bigger than that. I guess you can take from my pursuits with this thread that I, for one, want to up our game as far as making a monument and voicing our support.

iCandeh

12-01-2012

Riot do it nao

Playdough18

12-01-2012

Downvoted, trolled hard.

ihaveapotion

12-01-2012

what do you mean one last? we also need reverse teemo.