Do you agree?

Yes 117 10.80%
Yes, and make all profits from the skin be donated to cancer research 862 79.59%
No 104 9.60%
Voters: 1083. You may not vote on this poll

Petition - One last Teemo skin, in the honor of Hunter

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EmperialGoddess

11-30-2012

This hits close to home. Riot plz! make this happen
FOR HUNTER!

Munchlord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperialGoddess View Post
This hits close to home. Riot plz! make this happen
FOR HUNTER!
I think we just found the skin specific quote. More specifically exclaimed upon respawn.

At least it's an idea

Holycecil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2012

For Hunter and the scouts code

Dantragk

11-30-2012

This would be my only Teemo skin.

Krimson62

11-30-2012

i had read the story, i read the post... clicked yes without reading the second option >.<

I don't play teemo, but fully support the idea

ChromeFalcon

11-30-2012

No, Teemo has plenty of skins already.

Trundle needs a new skin though, make a Hunter Trundle instead.

The Harlequin

11-30-2012

I vote no. I'll get downvoted, but a sad story doesn't call for a skin. Sucks for the kid. If anything you can do like they did with the existing Jax skin that was put on sale.

Making a new one, I disagree.

Atyres

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchlord View Post
E Nomine posted a thread a little while ago about a kid named Hunter. Long story short, the kid was E Nomine's friend and kiddo died from aggressive brain cancer. His last time in life was made liveable by playing Leagues with E Nomine, and his favorite champion was Teemo.

The thread can be found here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2845141

Now I know that Teemo as a champion is hated by many and that a lot of people think he has enough skins as is even if they don't hate him, but if there was ever an occasion for a Teemo skin, this is it, in honor of Hunter. At least that's what I think.

EDIT:
With the current total majority of 95 % in favor of Hunter Teemo (At the time of me writing this), I believe it's safe to do this

Iron Stylus, I summon you, that you may see this petition and be moved to manly tears by the story behind it and aid us in erecting a very special kind of monument in memory of Hunter who, even though he was but 13 summers when he passed, had a strength of spirit the likes of which is rarely seen upon the Fields of Justice.

EDIT2:
Why make a new skin for him and instead just do what they did with Jaximus? No need for a new skin =/ just put one on sale and make the proceeds go towards research.

Munchlord

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeFalcon View Post
No, Teemo has plenty of skins already.

Trundle needs a new skin though, make a Hunter Trundle instead.
Did you read the post at all? Teemo isn't a randomly chosen champion, he's chosen due to the story involved.

That being said, I do agree that if we were to pick out a champion for a rally around against cancer without considering anchor stories like the one with hunter, Trundle would probably be the best bet flavor wise, as he is himself living with a terrible disease, so some kudos to that at least. There is a weakness to the idea though in the general lack of popularity of Trundle. If this is to serve as a monument and a symbol to our support for those struggling with cancer as well as a tribute to Hunter, it works better the more visibility it has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atyres View Post
Why make a new skin for him and instead just do what they did with Jaximus? No need for a new skin =/ just put one on sale and make the proceeds go towards research.
Why make a skin instead of a quote addition? Because a quote addition makes for a nice Easter egg. Don't mistake me, the Jaximus skin change was a really nice move by Riot, as was the sale, but I really do not think it makes for any sort of a functional monument to our support because of the very low visibility of it. You basically only ever encounter it if you are the one playing Jax with that skin, while an entire skin for a champion is seen by everyone you are playing with in the match, giving it an inherent 10 times larger visibility (or 6 times if you're playing TT). On top of that, the Jax quote is only there on a handful occasions during that match for the one person playing Jax, while the skin would be a constant presence throughout the match. Visibility is very important for a symbol like this to serve its purpose. That is why a skin is relevant.

Tsabo

11-30-2012

Bump.