Fizz indirect nerf Season 3

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kunita

11-28-2012

This new season is going to hit hard every Fizz player. Solely to make this short: Lich Bane was the true meaning of a viable melee assassin. With LB scaling with AD and a percentage of AP will make his overall damage drop violently and even more: the slight Magic Resistance it gives to him was one of the reasons to his mid lane sustain be possible, having in mind that Lich Bane is way too expensive. What more, DFG is going to be nerfed hard too, making his burst be almost halved - dont forget: he is MELEE, all other AP casters are ranged! - .In addition to this, Barrier is gonna make fizz's W's passive + ignite be almost negated. These are only some of the reasons theoreticaly fizz is not going to be a good champ anymore.

CoolHandJack

11-28-2012

I will miss the MR that was on Lichbane, but other then that I think it is a buff. Now that it does magic damage it will be effected by haunting guise/sorc shoes/void staff ect and giving it a little base damage should make getting it earlier in your build path a little more viable.

Razzcastic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

you now have a new malady. stop complaining.

Nerfed MY ASS

Man0nFire

11-28-2012

Might I point out that Diana and Gragas are both melee champs that wreck mid...

Man0nFire

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzcastic View Post
you now have a new malady. stop complaining.

Nerfed MY ASS
wtf...malady on Fizz...you must be high... If you build malady or ANY AS/on hit items on Fizz...I pity your team.

Elchulus

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0nFire View Post
wtf...malady on Fizz...you must be high... If you build malady or ANY AS/on hit items on Fizz...I pity your team.
Yeah, you should never build anything but pure AP on Fizz because he never autoattacks anyway...

oh wait

Wulfestopheles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0nFire View Post
This will be the mentality of the new items until they are actually released.

There is no point discussing it until then, except on the pbe forum of course.

Man0nFire

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchulus View Post
Yeah, you should never build anything but pure AP on Fizz because he never autoattacks anyway...

oh wait
Fizz DOES auto attack, I am not denying that, but both his Q and E skills are on such short cooldowns that you should only be using a few auto attacks to proc W. The lack of real necessity of AS on Fizz is almost laughable, because his W does not stack, if hit, the DoT is reapplied. If you are talking about farming creeps...why would you be hitting them more than once to last hit them anyway? And if you are talking late game farming, Fizz has more than enough mana to use E to massively farm.

Edit- also, the new Malady will give 15+10% magic damage DoT. Admittedly, this is nice, but Fizz's pre-existing DoT would be much better served if building another AP item, not an item that gives unneeded attack speed.

Seungsei

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunita View Post
This new season is going to hit hard every Fizz player. Solely to make this short: Lich Bane was the true meaning of a viable melee assassin. With LB scaling with AD and a percentage of AP will make his overall damage drop violently and even more: the slight Magic Resistance it gives to him was one of the reasons to his mid lane sustain be possible, having in mind that Lich Bane is way too expensive. What more, DFG is going to be nerfed hard too, making his burst be almost halved - dont forget: he is MELEE, all other AP casters are ranged! - .In addition to this, Barrier is gonna make fizz's W's passive ignite be almost negated. These are only some of the reasons theoreticaly fizz is not going to be a good champ anymore.
Fizz could use a direct nerf.

Ankokukai

11-28-2012

The OP thinks the NEW DFG (the one currently on the PBE) is worse than the one we have on Live atm
> obviously, OP doesnt know what he's talking about

Just for you to know, and so you can feel really stupid thinking this will be bad on Fizz

NEW DFG:
100 Ability Power
15% CD Reduction
Unique Active: Deals 15% of target champion's maximum health in magic damage, then amplifies all magic damage they take by 20% for 4 seconds. 60 seconds Cooldown

i play Fizz, and i personally cant wait to build that BOMB on him ~ Not to mention that Liandry's is gonna be great on him too
edit: Confirmed that Liandry's wont work on Fizz DoT, point still stands with DFG