Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So the best "supports" right now aren't support characters?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

harry13aals

11-29-2012

Quote:
chumbler:
Didn't say they were, nor am I bashing supports. Riot needs to reevaluate their support designs so that they can put them in a better place where they aren't ridiculously overloaded or one-dimensional to the point that they can't have good ratios. Hell, if you were really serious about it, you'd campaign for leona's completely stupid and ham-fisted passive to get changed.

Drop your persecution complex.

Just a tip, if you drop your attitude, you probably wouldn't get attitude back.
Also, thought about replying to your response, but I doubt you actually want to discuss things. You seem like you're pretty much set on everyone else being wrong, so I don't see the point.

ratcharmer

11-29-2012

Quote:
chumbler:
The paradigm of "terrible scaling, ridiculous utility and base values" for supports that Shurelia created or was at least part of is not one of the better things to happen to the game. It heavily restricts design possibilities, codifies a specific meta, and restricts the builds of supports such that nothing really feels good to buy.

Umm . . . sorry dude, but the underlined portion is complete bull^#$%.

Go check the base stats for a couple support champions and compare them to other classes. Not only are they not "ridiculous", as you put it, they're terrible. Example--Sona's durability stats are FAR below anyone else's, and her offensive stats are nothing to write home about.

As for "ridiculous utility" I'm entirely convinced that the entire reason this argument was ever taken up is because "utility" sounds like something support-y while being vague enough the statement couldn't be called an outright lie. There are plenty of characters from all classes that bring just as much utility in their kits as support characters.

Galgus

11-29-2012

I'd like to see traditional supports who scale poorly on gold get some ratio buffs.

ratcharmer

11-29-2012

Just saw yet another case of Zyra trouncing a traditional support in the CLG vs. CLG game.

Seriously can anyone find a recent example of a traditional buff-your-allies style support doing well?

imaloony

11-29-2012

Trolibear is one of the worst examples of this. He gets to keep lanes from pushing up (By fearing the minions with his roar), he can very easily throw someone into their carry for a kill, and he doesn't need to worry much about overextending because his passive makes it k.

Jenvas

Recruiter

11-30-2012

supports have been nerfed too much. it should be clear that a sona, with her kit, should outweight a zyra as support, but often she doesnt. When I'm playing that sona, and the ad with me is my usual lane partner, a friend, a teammate, then we can do that. We win cause we play as a team, where a support can show her full effect. When a pro plays sona, why does he get out of position? that has nothing to do with the champion, thats just a bad player.

AnimusvsAnima

11-30-2012

Well, Soraka is getting an indirect buff with the sustain nerf in S3 itemization, and due to how the Vamp Scepter is.

Shunkwugga

11-30-2012

You people need to spend less time watching others who are better than you play the game and actually play the game yourselves. For the most part, you're all so much worse than them to the point that playing FOTM champions doesn't make any difference since there is still a huge gap in skill between you and your opponents.

I played a game with a support Morgana and won.

Shunkwugga

11-30-2012

Quote:
Jenvas:
supports have been nerfed too much. it should be clear that a sona, with her kit, should outweight a zyra as support, but often she doesnt. When I'm playing that sona, and the ad with me is my usual lane partner, a friend, a teammate, then we can do that. We win cause we play as a team, where a support can show her full effect. When a pro plays sona, why does he get out of position? that has nothing to do with the champion, thats just a bad player.

Attribute it to human error (the Sona player being terrible and the Zyra player being competent) and move on.

Jenvas

Recruiter

11-30-2012

Quote:
Shunkwugga:
Attribute it to human error (the Sona player being terrible and the Zyra player being competent) and move on.

thats cause people think playing a support was very easy