Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Rengar: Overnerfed without taking into account Season 3 Jungle and Gold Changes.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hugenaught

11-29-2012

The problem is with Jungle and not Rengar. Rengar doesn't need a buff. He's fine as he is.

EzraTwitch

11-29-2012

He is fine as he is in the season 2 Jungle, but hes bad in Season 3 jungle.

BriteLite

01-12-2013

I can still use Rengar at top, the trick is to play him utilizing range and poke, knowing how to appropriately disengage will help him win lane, he still has a 10% health sustain and with pots he can lane relatively well. I see no problems with Rengar, I think the problem is the fact that people want him to be OP instead of learning how to cope with his current kit.

Zair Umbras

01-13-2013

Quote:
Soulwolf:
rengar was twoshotting squishies with only a dorans blade .

PLEASE DO NOT EVER BRING THAT BACK

KTHXBYE

Rengar still does two shot squishies. So does pure AD Yorick, so does Kayle's Q, so does Kha'Zix, Le Blanc three shots, Brand 1v5's by pressing his ulti... Every champ can be OP if fed. Rengar is hard to get to fed because he was created as a ganker, much like Shaco. They nerfed how easy it is to gank so these jungles will fall off if they can't handle the jungle's damage. Rengar currently can't handle the jungle until he's around level 4ish because that's when he actually has enough base damage and base defenses to take the brunt and dish out a heavy amount of damage. If they upgraded his level 1 skill bases just by a little bit, he could actually jungle very well. There's also the fact that Rengar's W with full ferocity is where he gets his sustain. It's hard to get to full ferocity with high CDs, especially since his CD on his Q got upped a while back. I've yet to test CDR to make it easy, but I've been tempted to try that out over some damage marks and maybe quints.

Akuen

01-13-2013

I think most of the Rengar nerfs were in order to get rid of the incredibly dumb "AP Rengar". That should never have been a thing in the first place -.- Now however, I will admit he's kind of useless. The nerfs to his ult were rather extreme and ruin the point of the ult. Kha'Zix and Rengar could both ult and go invisible instantly. Now Kha'Zix still can but Rengar can't.

So on top of not being able to go into stealth instantly, Rengar has to wait an extra three or so seconds on top of the two seconds he waited for his stealth, in order to get his ferocity.

Zenmetsu Saseru

01-13-2013

It was never instant, there was a .75 second delay.

Akuen

01-13-2013

Quote:
It was never instant, there was a .75 second delay.

Can you see a .75 second delay? I can't. 0.75 compared to 2 seconds. No difference at all there.