Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Launcher] {Major}

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MetalicJive

11-27-2012

Recently every time a patch comes out my launcher downloads a portion of the update and then says "Update failed" "unspecified error occurred. Please check the logs for more details." I go to my logs and there's only things from yesterday at 4:00 PM. and i check my launcher zip logs and there's only things in there about hours from now...

I cant update and I've restarted my computer and reset the modem and everything and i can not connect to update... I have taken every possible step to update my PBE and nothing is working. Does anyone else have this issue from time to time?

Edit: I have also sent these logs to you.

Lord Axiom

11-27-2012

i have also experienced this every time a new patch has come out but all i do is click continue and then reload the launcher and it continues from where it left off so for me its just a matter or restarting the launcher your problem seems to be more serious

MetalicJive

11-28-2012

it is im about half done with the most current patch but its always an error

MetalicJive

11-28-2012

trying a repair of my launcher to see if this fixes the issue

MetalicJive

11-28-2012

repair did not work still awaiting a possible fix

MagicMaster87

11-28-2012

Had the same problem as you earlier, I believe. Update stopped partway through (33% for me), said Unspecified Error with the option to Continue or Send Logs, but Continue didn't resume the update. I managed to get it to work again, though, maybe it'll work for you?

1.) After getting the Unspecified Error message and clicking Continue, I went into the Region settings and changed it from English (first option) to English (second option).
2.) Update restarted, but gave me another Unspecified Error at 33% again. Clicked Continue again.
3.) Not sure if this is necessary, but at this point I did a Repair Installation because I'd gone onto the forums to see if there was a fix posted and then forgot all about my region change. I didn't watch the repair the whole way through, but it seemed like it had finished repairing and had tried to update again, as I saw another Unspecified Error message when I returned.
4.) Clicked Continue, went into my region settings, and changed it back to the first English option. The update resumed from the 33% it had stopped at previously, and proceeded to finish and allow me to get on the PBE!

As I said, I'm not sure if the repair is necessary; I have a feeling just switching between regions might have worked, but I can't say for sure.

Iron Rabbit

11-28-2012

I had this problem as well. My language was on English(second) so I switched it to the first one and the launcher immediately began patching again. I have not finished patching but it seems to be working.

Update: Was indeed successful.

MetalicJive

11-30-2012

this is indeed the fix i have been on since the day after this post and yes changing language options does work you do not need to repair i dont understand why it does this but hopefully riot can come up with a fix because mine did it on the first english and then second and kept doing it till i turned off my computer for a while and rebooted then changed back to first english

Gloont

11-30-2012

This happens to me when I go to PBE after leaving the official servers. Is this the case for you?
What I do when this happens I go into the task manager and end the PvPnet process.