Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

{Game}{Minor} Static Shiv too niche

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JNGIamJungling

11-30-2012

Exactly, for the gold cost, the item simply isn't good enough.

xkawazux

11-30-2012

Phantom dancer is generally the better choice, but it's great on a few champions. It's definitely a niche kiting item though. From my experience it's really only good on Ezreal, and even then the limitations of the item make it somewhat mediocre.

The recharge rate from movement is based off of distance traveled and not time traveling. Ez's arcane shift can fill it up by ~40% or so. His Q also fills it up like an auto attack and applies the magic damage. That means he can probably benefit from the statikk shiv the most.

My main problem with the item is that the chain effect rarely if ever hits targets that you would be interested in hitting. 90% of the time, the chain effect stops after the first target or after hitting another bruiser. That really limits the effectiveness of the item.

If the chain effect was longer so that occasionally you'd hit carries, it would be in a much better spot. The damage isn't exactly amazing so I don't think that this would be OP. I'm not exactly sure what the chain range is, but it's probably pretty close to 400. The item won't be reliably useful until it's about 500 or so.

Churtlenater

11-30-2012

It can seriously wreck with certain champions. Just tried it out with Nocturne. His passive, plus the shiv, would clear entire minion waves in one hit. Then add in tiamat/hydra, and there was some serious fight initiation going on.