Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

{Game}{Minor} Static Shiv too niche

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OnlyJunglesShaco

11-28-2012

Execpt if your building as an ADC, by the time you have that item farmed, your far beyond the poke and farm stage of the game.

Riyshn

11-28-2012

I fail to see your logic here. You're saying that people suddenly stop poking at all when laning ends? You're saying that an item with nearly identical stats to PD (which nearly every ADC buys), but is cheaper and even builds out of a G/10 item isnt worth building?

Angelic Horsey

11-28-2012

I see this being an alternative for PD on Ranged AD Carries, and I also see PD being much better for any melee champ now that it removes unit collision.

Also if you attack-move with this item then it will charge up much faster. If I attack then move 100 units, and repeat, it will take about 6-7 attacks. This is very common on any good AD carry player.

Also, Statikk Shiv + Runnan's Hurricane might be broken in combination with Kog'maw.

Berzerker Greaves
IE
Statikk Shiv
Runaan's Hurricane

Hurricane charges up Shiv 3 times faster and with Runaan's Kog'maw has the potential to hit 3 people with his W (6% max health at rank 5). Not only will his AoE damage be decent (and magical), but his single target will be relatively the same compared to IE+PD.

Taikero

11-28-2012

Quote:
Angelic Horsey:

Also, Statikk Shiv + Runnan's Hurricane might be broken in combination with Kog'maw.

Berzerker Greaves
IE
Statikk Shiv
Runaan's Hurricane

Hurricane charges up Shiv 3 times faster and with Runaan's Kog'maw has the potential to hit 3 people with his W (6% max health at rank 5). Not only will his AoE damage be decent (and magical), but his single target will be relatively the same compared to IE+PD.

You don't even need or necessarily want IE on Kog'maw with this build since you already have Shiv (though it's fine to build IE if you want). Blade of the Ruined King or Spirit of the Elder Lizard (red buff doppelganger if I got the name wrong) are great bets that apply on-hit effects that are very nasty on champions like Kog'maw and Teemo, and both work very well with Runaan's.

I built a Varus with the following build on the PBE recently and he just melted everything:

Berserker Greaves with Furor (move speed after attack/spell)
Blade of the Ruined King
Statikk Shiv
Runaan's Hurricane
Spirit of the Elder Lizard (red buff doppelganger item, again)
The Black Cleaver (this can be substituted for any of IE, Bloodthirster, Last Whisper, or even Malady on Varus and Kog'maw, I was just testing out maximum on-hit effect power and the cooldown reduction is nice due to Varus's W Blighted Quiver)

It didn't matter if I hit squishy or tanky targets either. Everything just collapsed after three hits + E, then a few more hits + Q if they weren't dead already. I also farmed like crazy with minimal effort and was very difficult to both get ahold of and kill.

Kise

Recruiter

11-28-2012

I'll have to see how that works myself.

Kyle700

11-28-2012

Just wanted to say, the damage is also dealt to towers, and bounces off towers. So it's a pretty decent pushing item!

DubiousKing

11-29-2012

Quote:
NoSSubject:
Execpt if your building as an ADC, by the time you have that item farmed, your far beyond the poke and farm stage of the game.

Depends on your comp. Some teams (Cho, Nid, Cait/Ez, Lee Sin, Soraka) want to poke for a while before finally engaging, even in the late stages of the game, as they can't exactly face down a team that's at full resources. In this sort of situation I could easily see Shiv being a good choice on the ADC, as it would improve their poke capabilities immensely.

WhiteVoidDragon

11-29-2012

Quote:
Kise:
It's weird, that's for sure. I don't see how it's a recommended for Ashe at all.

Its recommended on Ashe because of her passive, combine this item with an IE, SotD and muramana, and she can do alot of damage after waiting for her passive to hit max. 4 crits in a row, with 1 of the crits being aoe.
With Muramana she can spam Volley without needing to auto attack. Say hi to support carry Ashe

JNGIamJungling

11-29-2012

So what your telling me is this item is fine because it stacks well with Ashe?

Its like you completely missed the part where I said its niche.

Fox P McCloud

11-29-2012

I can't see it being anything other than niche...or this is what you would get instead of a second PD (in those rare instances where you don't want a BT, you're trading in your greaves, or defensive isn't necessary).

It's good for up-front burst, but relying on it to crit when it procs is going to be irritating unless you're someone who has a guaranteed crit mechanism (ie: Shaco).

I could be wrong, but I just can't see it being used that much---lower AS, lower crit, and no "no unit collision" (which is huge) for a proc that you will probably only get off 1-2 times in a team-fight (in trade for less single target damage).....which brings up another point---since some of your single target damage is getting shifted into the Shiv proc and since is magic damage/an on-hit effect...this means less survivability because there's less damage to lifesteal off of.