What's a good K/D/A ratio.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EyeHearShapes

11-27-2012

I may have posted this b4 but i forgot if i did and cant find it on the forum . So basically what K/D/A ratio is good to have on a champ so u know ur at least helping ur team. I know K/D/A ratio doesn't equal wins all the time but i,m just curious what the communities opinion is on this.

XxAscendxX

11-27-2012

9000/1/0

Yourcatmolested

11-27-2012

If you're bad enough to have to ask, you're not helping your team much.

Anything with more kills than deaths is obviously already helping, but kills don't matter. Just having low deaths is important.

Meshly

11-27-2012

Well, if you play Tanks or support the amount of expected kills is lower. And in the case of tanks, the amount if deaths is higher.

Zlain

11-27-2012

If you're supporting; super low kills/deaths high assists, tanks low kills higher deaths high assists, anyone else, high kills low deaths whatever assists.

InfallibleEvil

11-27-2012

Depends on what type of champion you're playing as. Support champs don't get kills, they get assists, usually I try to have at least twice as many assists as I do deaths as a support (I don't play support often). Any carry, AP or AD, should have a positive k/d ratio, low deaths preferred, obviously. Tanks should be the ones dying more often than not, as they try to the focus in team fights. In my opinion though, K/D ratios are not the deciding factor in wins or losses. I've won many game where almost all the team had more deaths than kills.

EyeHearShapes

11-27-2012

well what u hope a good adc to have as a k/d/a ratio through 100 games ?

RadiantCastiel

11-27-2012

Don't fret too much over your KD. LoL is not an FPS, and kills do not grant victory for certain. I'm not saying that feeding isn't bad and that getting fed isn't good, but most of the time on even games, farming is more important. Giving an enemy a kill may not be swell, but one kill is only worth about 15 cs.
If you really care about KD that much, then I'd say that a KD of 1-1 is much better than something like 6-7, because each time you die, you are losing time while you are dead, not being able to do anything useful like farm or gank or participate in team fights. I'm not saying that you shouldn't go for easy kills, but most of the time, going for 10-1 will land you at about 5-5, whereas going for 2-0 will get you to 5-1.

If you watch many of the pro players play matches, you'll see that most of them don't get much kills in evenly matched games. Most of the time, pro team matches end witn a score of Winning team 15-Losing team 10.

TLDR, kills are not as important in evenly matched games. Sure, getting fed is nice, but you can't count on the fact that your opponents will feed you. Farm is more important than kills during lane. Winning one team fight can turn the tide in your favour and even win the game sometimes, even if you team is down on kills.

ASAP Prince

12-20-2012

Looking through old posts, why doesn't anyone know what K/D/A is? They all refer to KD. Supports can generally have one of the highest K/D/A.
K/D/A=Kills+Assists/Deaths

Standard: 1.0-1.5 KDA
Above Average 2.0.2.5 KDA
Semi-Pro 3.0-4.0 KDA
Pro Potential 4.5+ KDA

Of course these are referenced to 1600+ Elo though. Should be much higher in lower elo

lambofhate

12-20-2012

as cho gath apc top i generally go around 10/2/(alot of assists) but this is me in my normal game ELO as cho gath any other champion will be different. if you play cho gath and end up against an akali you're going to die...alot.