Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Summoner Name Cleanup and 50% Off Name Change Sale

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azemi

01-12-2014

Quote:
SoulRave:
Plz read carefully
According to Riot, the summoner will be prompted to pick a new in game name the NEXT TIME that person logs in on that account.

If that person doesn't log in, the name will never be available again.
Thanks Riot, pretty much didn't do anything as always.

Are you retarded? xD We still get the name, all it means is that they will have to choose a new one when they log in. -.-

IS119dd14eccc09b7dccd29

01-17-2014

Quote:
Hippalus:

When Patch 1.73 arrives in mid-December (the 11th at the earliest), we’ll be rounding up inactive accounts to make those summoner names available to players. To make it easier for you to pick up a new summoner name, we’re also putting name changes on sale for 50% off.

An inactive account is any account under level 6 that hasn’t played a game since January 1, 2012. To keep those accounts’ names, you’ll have to log on and play at least one game between now and Sunday, December 9, at 11:59 PM PST. If you miss the deadline, don’t worry – your account is still active, but you’ll be prompted to choose a new summoner name when you log in next time. Only inactive accounts are at risk to lose their summoner names.

From the release of Patch 1.73 through December 26, summoner name changes will cost 650 RP, down from their normal 1300 RP price. As part of your Season Three prep, why not upgrade your summoner name to one that foreshadows your impending domination?

We look forward to seeing your creative new aliases on the Fields of Justice soon!

I could not play for a bit and lost my name and now it is some weird number, WTF

IS119dd14eccc09b7dccd29

01-17-2014

Quote:
Nyx Nightfall:
Ok, I am back into LoL from a year or two absence, and my name is now scrabbled..... yay!

From what I read, it should have gotten a name change prompt when I logged in? Well, that didn't happen.
So is my only option to fork out for a name change? That would kind of blow.

I was gone for a bit as well, and guess what I too have a scrabbled name and no name change prompt either so WTF!

TheBard74

01-21-2014

I didn't get a name change prompt either. I created a support ticket though. Surely they aren't going to make us pay for a name change?

Update: Today when I logged on it DID give me the option to rename.