Summoner Name Cleanup and 50% Off Name Change Sale

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Macromute

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2013

Uhmm I looked to change my name to a name that hasn't been active in 2 years and it didn't give it to me.

Rideanovan

01-04-2013

I decided to start playing again with my old account, but didn't get a name change prompt and now my name is stuck as a random string of characters. Would it be possible for this to be reset?

leWildRengar

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
[aws3]news/November_2012/2012_11_27_Summoner_Name_Cleanup_and_Sale/SummonerNameChange_Banner.jpg[/aws3]

When Patch 1.73 arrives in mid-December (the 11th at the earliest), we’ll be rounding up inactive accounts to make those summoner names available to players. To make it easier for you to pick up a new summoner name, we’re also putting name changes on sale for 50% off.

An inactive account is any account under level 6 that hasn’t played a game since January 1, 2012. To keep those accounts’ names, you’ll have to log on and play at least one game between now and Sunday, December 9, at 11:59 PM PST. If you miss the deadline, don’t worry – your account is still active, but you’ll be prompted to choose a new summoner name when you log in next time. Only inactive accounts are at risk to lose their summoner names.

From the release of Patch 1.73 through December 26, summoner name changes will cost 650 RP, down from their normal 1300 RP price. As part of your Season Three prep, why not upgrade your summoner name to one that foreshadows your impending domination?

We look forward to seeing your creative new aliases on the Fields of Justice soon!
hipalus i need help with gettin panda teemo on sale

Legend1060

01-17-2013

how do i find out what my summoner name is??

Dice

01-23-2013

is riot still cleaning up? is there gonna be another clean up event anytime soon? we need answers please.

SoulRave

01-31-2013

Plz read carefully
According to Riot, the summoner will be prompted to pick a new in game name the NEXT TIME that person logs in on that account.

If that person doesn't log in, the name will never be available again.
Thanks Riot, pretty much didn't do anything as always.

SKET Dance

02-27-2013

Can you please tell me at what month in 2013 will there be a new summoner cleanup?

Pure Seduction

03-11-2013

when is the next name change sale?? i really need it!!

PurpleMonkeyz72

03-12-2013

Dear Riot,

I know you said there should be another summoner name wipe in the first half of 2013, any chance you can project a date? Even a month or more specific range, so I know if I'm looking at later this month, or the end of June.

Also, I badly want my main to have my original username that I was the first person to ever use on any online game. The identity thief is currently a level 12 that currently has no match history available through the game client or lolking. However, I remember finding out at some point that it had been over a year (probably two or more) since he played a single game. Can this summoner please be included in the wipe?

Sträi

04-04-2013

I would like to know as well. Even having a confirmation of there being a name change sale and a wipe of old usernames who have not been active, will satisfy my patience.There is a level 11 with the name I always wanted since I first started playing League of Legends. =)