Summoner Name Cleanup and 50% Off Name Change Sale

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Houshou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2012

Now if Riot would only make this reduction in Name changes permanent... they might see more people willingly change their names more often.

Gurcell

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
[aws3]news/November_2012/2012_11_27_Summoner_Name_Cleanup_and_Sale/SummonerNameChange_Banner.jpg[/aws3]

When Patch 1.73 arrives in mid-December (the 11th at the earliest), we’ll be rounding up inactive accounts to make those summoner names available to players. To make it easier for you to pick up a new summoner name, we’re also putting name changes on sale for 50% off.

An inactive account is any account under level 6 that hasn’t played a game since January 1, 2012. To keep those accounts’ names, you’ll have to log on and play at least one game between now and Sunday, December 9, at 11:59 PM PST. If you miss the deadline, don’t worry – your account is still active, but you’ll be prompted to choose a new summoner name when you log in next time. Only inactive accounts are at risk to lose their summoner names.

From the release of Patch 1.73 through December 26, summoner name changes will cost 650 RP, down from their normal 1300 RP price. As part of your Season Three prep, why not upgrade your summoner name to one that foreshadows your impending domination?

We look forward to seeing your creative new aliases on the Fields of Justice soon!
Hi Hipplus. Do you think about Legacy Champions on Season 3? For oldest or newest champions?

MrManic

11-30-2012

Argh Hell!!! The name I want is from a dude who has only played co-op vs AI, played 3 games in the past 9 months and the 7 prior games to that are all 12 months ++ :S ffs!!!!!

Unagi

11-30-2012

can u make the name change so it deletes names of accounts that havent played for at least 6 months please? i really want a name on an account that hasn't played a game for 7 months!

Kajah

11-30-2012

The account name i would love to use currently belongs to a lvl 7 that has no match history, no runes, no mastery pages, no anything. Is there some way to petition for that to be included in the lvl 6 group? I realize im one of many whiny voices you guys are reading through, but if i had that game name, i would make sure to follow the summoners code, because... i could never bring dishonor to it. It means too much to me.

Kyonyuu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2012

i would never change my name! i would start a cult if i could

Kazzamkablam

12-01-2012

How about transfers from NA to EU, when are they coming out?

TheManStache

12-01-2012

Can we get a list of the names tht were purged?

Mohsin

12-01-2012

This is very unfair!! The people that are low level and very inactive get a free name change and the people that actually play only get 50% off!!!!! THIS IS PREPOSTEROUS!

Riot you need to get your priorities straight, inactive players are less important than active players!!! Everyone should get 1 free name change! except me because I don't need one.

Murderotica744

12-01-2012

Thanks Riot! You guys remind me a lot of Valve, Super Unselfish and looking out for your customer! You just cant beat PC Gaming Communities.