Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Better rewards in 2.0 referral system / port the 1.0 rewards

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aj88

11-27-2012

Riot please make this possible.

The good thing about 1.0 referral system was that you actually could aim for the 1k, 5k and 10k rewards even if it was going to take you years.

Now, all the people who have referred alot of new players to this game and changed to the 2.0 system have nothing interesting to keep them working hard to get more new players

The whole point of the referral system is to help riot increase the player base and riot rewards you for it..

The current 2.0 system, does work for people who invite few friends and manage to get some milestone rewards, also is not a secret that alot players abuse of smurf to just get to a rune page and some free IP

but what happen with the players who were working hard to unlock the big rewards (1k, 5k, etc) and transfered to 2.0 system? and what happen to the people who already unlock every milestone reward?

For example, I joined years ago to the referal system cause I saw the 1k reward very interesting to get, I started to work to get it, then the 2.0 came and I though it would be better system and it was till some point. I got like 230K IP and a bunch of RP, and it went all nice.

Now, I already got to the point where I unlocked every milestone reward and got to 953 referred players and theres nothing else for me in this 2.0 system, all I could possible get is just more IP wich I dont need at all since I have pretty much all that can be unlocked with IP, and 5k Rp every 50 lvl 10 players, wich is not bad but is not amazing as the 1.0 rewards.

Now that I managed to be 47 referrals away from the 1k mark, I highly regret exchanging to the 2.0 system. And I think now that it just doesnt really worth to keep inviting people when you compare the possibility to help create game content that I could get as reward in the 1.0 versus getting absolutely no rewards for hitting the 1k mark in the 2.0 version

Maybe the 1k reward of the 1.0 system is alot and riot cant really make it possible to alot of people, but you guys need to put some better rewards at big marks (1k, 5k, 10k, etc) to encourage the "master recruiters" to keep recruiting people.

I think riot benefits way more from the master recruiters than from the people inviting few players and people smurfing. And now the 2.0 system kinda left the master recruiters with 0 motivation to keep recruiting once they hit the last milestone.

Examples of the new rewards could be:
- Exclusive forum badges and more ranks to recruiters titles (not only senior and master)
- Ingame Icons
- Posibility to unlock certain content like some old skins
- Exclusive skins

Also you guys could add more milestones, like lvl 20 and lvl 30... I dont know there is so much stuff that can be done.

I bet there is alot of people in my same situation... So riot please improve the 2.0 system so the recruiters have fun again

TLDR; 2.0 reward system is horrible for people with alot of referals, is only good for few referals so I am asking riot to add rewards that encourage people who have nothing left to unlock to keep referring new players

imweasel09

11-27-2012

You mean they switched from a system that benefited almost no one to one that benefits most of the people who do referrals? Alert the presses.

aj88

11-27-2012

Quote:
imweasel09:
You mean they switched from a system that benefited almost no one to one that benefits most of the people who do referrals? Alert the presses.

You dont get it..
with 1.0 even tho it was bad for people who had few referral, people who reffered alot always had something to aim for and work to get it.
Now 2.0 offers stuff for the people who have few referrals, but when you complete the milestone, it basically gives nothing interesting.

What I am asking for is to improve the 2.0 system by adding more late stuff for people who actually unblock the milestones complety to encourage to keep recruiting

aj88

11-27-2012

^^

aj88

11-27-2012

bump

Qeeick

11-27-2012

Quote:
aj88:
You dont get it..
with 1.0 even tho it was bad for people who had few referral, people who reffered alot always had something to aim for and work to get it.
Now 2.0 offers stuff for the people who have few referrals, but when you complete the milestone, it basically gives nothing interesting.

Lol, that's exactly what he said x.x

Udyrfrykte

11-27-2012

I wish I had stuck with 1.0 too
2.0 is pretty lame when it comes to rewards, imo. Tons of RP, or an ingame item named after you? Tons of RP, or a getting flown out to tour the Riot building/design a champion?
The only thing that I really want from 2.0 is the Twitch skin.

aj88

11-27-2012

bump