@Riot : Are you freaking serious? [Regarding skin transfer]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genocide Messiah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

A week ago I sent an email to Riot regarding skin transfer, all I wanted was to transfer 3 skins from two of MY OWN accounts.

And this is what they said.

Quote:
Thanks for contacting us! I understand your frustration, but unfortunately as Beelzebub IV mentioned before, unfortunately we are not able to transfer content between two accounts, even if both accounts belong to you.

If you wish to make a content transfer between two accounts, please follow the guidelines provided by Hippalus, our eCommerce Director, on the official forums. This does require your thread receiving 2,000 upvotes. I understand that you may not agree with this, and I will gladly pass on any comments or feedback you have about this system.
Are you serious? why does Riot require acknowledgement from 2000 random strangers? This is MY money we are dealing here.

I just simply don't understand why they aren't able to do this, this accounts are BOTH MINE, both are on the same servers... heck, I even told them that since I hardly use my old account they could take the 3 refund tokens. And for sure isn't the man power as Riot had a manual skin refund system before via support ticket.

I feel like talking to myself in support tickets... so Riot can I get at least a counter argument in this thread on why I can't do this?

I'm not trading, I just want to transfer contents from both of MY accounts. Like I said on my ticket, I can give them both username and password if they want to.

Edit : Thanks for the UPVOTE guys. I had this secondary account for a long time and my GF wanted to play with me, so I bought her skins for her favourite champions. Problem is she doesn't play LoL anymore, so instead of those skins going to waste, I'll just use them on my main. After all, all I'm asking is to transfer 3 out of 20+ skins.

Thank you again for the support

To those who are asking to PROVE if the other account is mine. I can give them both Username/Pass and the email receipt from paypal for the RP purchases I made on both accounts..

Edit : Thanks for understanding guys - 400/2000 : 20%

Edit : Look many people are telling me that the support will be flooded with request - *or people will start hacking and scamming Riot (the free RPs) before transferring contents.
Well Riot survived a manual refund system before and I could care less if the transfer takes 3-4+ weeks, as long as I know someone is working on it and It would get done sooner or later.Secondly, Riot could easily verify and authenticate the account before allowing the transfer to proceed - i.e by having at least 6000RP (just a random figure) purchased so that the RPs they gave for free won't be accumulated to one account.

Edit : Thanks for supporting guys, in the end of the day if we make enough noise I'm sure Riot will do something about this - but if no one stands up it will take years and trust me on that. 2 years ago I asked them to transfer my 3K RP on EU server, they told me I can't transfer from EU to NA and that I should check the website regularly for a transfer feature ... 2 years later? Nope.

We are 500/2000 - 25%.
We just passed 600!/2000 - 30%.
700/2000 - 35% and still no RED post.... QQ
800/2000 - 40%... counter argument Riot?
Riot? Riot? Riot please... 900/2000 - 45%.
1000/2000 - 50% - Half way there Riot, where you guys at? Ignoring this thread? QQ.

P.S, got a new query for Riot, does the new gifting feature available for cross-server gifting? (Meaning I can gift a skin from EU to NA). If anyone knows the answer please feel free to tell. Thank you very much.

*Only between NA and EU as we all know Garena =/= Riot.

^ Answer is NO ()

We are now at the 55% mark with 1100/2000 upvotes. Still no red post? Awwww. Thank you for the support guys.
1200/2000 - 60% - Lesson learned, don't start a thread with @Riot... they'll ignore you forever TYVM for the support, best forum NA.
1300/2000 - 65% - SO CLOSE YET SO FAR. Tyvm GD...

I was frustrated when I wrote this first post, so pardon my attitude towards Riot, because as a good customer who at least payed $1000+ on this game I feel that this simple request should not be this hard to grant, after all the skins we are dealing here are all payed. If you dig enough on the other pages you'll see that I'm not that bad of a person

Thank you for supporting and understanding. If you have any questions just post and I'll answer them (unlike Riot, amirite?) Lol

1400/2000 - 70% - TYVM <3, we are almost there.
1500/2000 - 75% - 500 TO GO! Wow, honestly I don't know what to say but TYVM for the upvotes. I originally created this thread to QQ about Riots poor customer support and policies regarding skin transfer (once a skin is bought, the player should do whatever they please to it as Riot already have gotten the money from it). Thank you again for understanding and supporting me.
1600/2000 - 80% - Omg! Happy Snowdown Showdown and Christmas to all
1700/2000 - 85% - I don't know what to say but TYVM... So close now...
1800/2000 - 90% - Damn we can make it before Dec 21! Life worth it!
1900/2000 - 95% - Uploaded a picture to describe my reaction.
2000/2000 - 100% - TYVM GD, this milestone is dedicated to all those who bump'd and upvoted this thread. Thank you for helping me out and happy Holiday God bless.

@Hippalus/Riot : Ticket #4515590.

hi im shaniqua

11-27-2012

well, I was going to ask about this, but I guess this clears it up. Thanks

HideGoSeek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

You're 1/2000th of your way there.

DJ Shyvana

11-27-2012

2/2000th

msgerbs

11-27-2012

Get this man his upboats!

A Swarm of Koala

11-27-2012

when I asked for 4 RP to buy underworld TF, they asked for me to draw a picture first. Customer support adopts some weird policies to be official.
I think I made a pretty good picture though. Pirate Teemo is adorable.

Acid Reigns

11-27-2012

It's cause some guy had like 2k upvotes on his thread wanting to trade something, and hippalus agreed to it, because there were so many people asking him to, and then someone else asked, and he said 'start a thread and get 2k upvotes, then maybe' and from then on it sorta became the rule.

It's really really dumb I agree. -.-

Summoner Shiva

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Swarm of Koala View Post
when I asked for 4 RP to buy underworld TF, they asked for me to draw a picture first. Customer support adopts some weird policies to be official.
I think I made a pretty good picture though. Pirate Teemo is adorable.

LOL did they accept that lazy drawing? thats awesome. HAHAH

OneVendetta

11-27-2012

I actually downvoted this thread. You are not the special one here buddy... no exceptions are to b made

A Swarm of Koala

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGM Feyt View Post
LOL did they accept that lazy drawing? thats awesome. HAHAH
Indeed they did. I don't have photoshop, and I wasn't going to spend too long on 4 RP, because that's like 5 cents or something low.