Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Season 3 Masteries - Arbitrary, Useless Stats

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CooLTanG

Recruiter

11-27-2012

I'm not sure about the masteries just yet.

I don't like lifesteal/spellvamp in utility tree, and I believe defensive & utility trees now trump offensive tree quite a bit.

IonDragonX

11-27-2012

Quote:
thisisprettycool:
im defiantly supporting this thread

I am Defiantly supporting this post! :P

Razios

11-27-2012

i think defender needs to either be buffed or scaled as the game goes on,since it will end being never taken.

Armageddon2099

11-28-2012

I think the part the upsets me the most about the new top of the trees is that they are just slightly better versions of masteries already further up the tree (or, in defense tree's case, just a moved mastery nobody liked from S2). Top of the offense is just Havok with a higher %, but with a stipulation. Honor Guard is well... Honor Guard. And Nimble is just 1% more Wanderer without the out of combat stipulation. Just feels miserable when S2 had Juggernaut and Mastermind, 2 masteries with stats you couldn't get anywhere else in the tree (Summoner spell CDR and disable reduction).

Void2258

11-28-2012

Agree with almost everything here. I keep posting about the scout mastery and getting no response.

Thracius

11-28-2012

OP has some very good points, I would love to see the mastery trees offer more unique bonuses that normally couldn't be acquired through purchasing items. I also agree with the bottom of each tree feeling unrewarding.

Armageddon2099

11-28-2012

Just thought I'd remind everyone that Honor Guard is effectively 3 Armor and MR.

Equation is 100/(100 + resistance stat) = Damage reduction. In this case, 100/~103 = 0.97, which is 3% damage reduction.

Numbat

11-28-2012

Your point isn't fair because % reduction is only worth 3 armor/mr if you have 0 mr/armor. As you get more armor/mr its value increases, e.g. at 100armor/mr it'd take 6 armor/mr to replace honor guard.

All the same even 3 amor/mr for just 1 mastery point is actually pretty good.

IonDragonX

11-28-2012

Quote:
Armageddon2099:
Just thought I'd remind everyone that Honor Guard is effectively 3 Armor and MR.

Equation is 100/(100 + resistance stat) = Damage reduction. In this case, 100/~103 = 0.97, which is 3% damage reduction.

Its way, way better than 3 Armor + MR. It ignores armor/MR pen while allowing your own resistance to be applied first.

PerfidiousAlbion

11-28-2012

The new masteries are fine, with only scout really being the exception of needing attention. People expect far too much benefit from their masteries. Check their balance against each other for each individual mastery point spent, not for how strong you think they are in isolation.