Choose your lane in ranked... READ PLEASE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dchasojiro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

What I am proposing is very simple. When you Q for ranked to choose your lane, meaning as you Q you pick to be on a team where they need a “jungler”… This will stop trolling in champion select and will give players the option to choose their lanes instead of begging for them in the selection screen. Anyone else agrees that this could be a good idea?

Pandalogy

11-26-2012

Um so your telling me that somebody should play ADC or anyother lane all the way to platinum and be super bad in all the other lanes?? iF ur over 1500 you need to know how to play every role.

finguhz

11-27-2012

knowing how to play every role doesnt stop you from being best at a certain role... obviously you just wanted to say something to try and make yourself sound smart when in fact you simply sound ignorant. This is a good idea why shouldnt you be able to Q for your best role, its your elo so why shouldnt you be able to advance your rating and play as your best role.

Omicron Austin

11-27-2012

Many have suggested this before you, it's not a new idea.

And it will never work. For one, the lanes aren't really "set in stone". The meta can change at any time. You see in high level play sometimes double jungle, or duo top with solo bot, AD carries mid, etc. This flexibility really needs to stay.

Also, certain roles at certain elos may end up getting some really fierce queue times.

OriginalJack

11-27-2012

Or you could just work things out in champ select, it's really not that hard if you are flexible about which role you play.

Fishtumz

11-27-2012

It would only make queue times longer if you selected a role I always mid or jungle anyways if I cant get that Q dodge going

Archaic Zeus

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettmonstuh View Post
knowing how to play every role doesnt stop you from being best at a certain role... obviously you just wanted to say something to try and make yourself sound smart when in fact you simply sound ignorant. This is a good idea why shouldnt you be able to Q for your best role, its your elo so why shouldnt you be able to advance your rating and play as your best role.
Agreed. Being good at a role and understanding it are two completely different things. My main problem is I suck at csing terribly. Why? Because I mained support, then I switched to jungle. Both of which require no ability to CS. However I understand what a top lane does and what role he fills, what a mid lane does and what role he fills, and I especially understand an ADC. How they are supposed to be played I understand, and another part is understanding the champions in the game. This however does not mean I'm good at playing ADC, i'm quite terrible, but give me jungle or support and this is where I excel. Understanding ganking opportunities and trades of damage on a bot lane engagement. Jungling taught me opportunity, support taught me damage trading.

iWREQ

11-27-2012

I would happily wait an extra 10 min in que, to avoid the hrs Im spending banned because I que dodge at the first sign of troll.. Im spending 2-3 hrs a day banned because we get 3 tops.. and 2 of them decide to be hard headed and say "screw it double top".. or "double mid, double jungle"... I would HAPPILY wait a longer que time for this option.

Typhoo Tea

11-27-2012

The problem is people will then complain about where they get put in the queue for being counterpicked or to counterpick for their selected role.

So perhaps you must have a minimum of 2 lanes you want to play to queue with that system

Zlain

11-27-2012

No reason you can't que for multiple roles or lanes similiar to how you would que as a healer and DPS and Tank in WoW or Rift Dungeon finder. It would be better to specify lanes when queing then a "role" because roles are really meta based where as lanes will be there no matter what.