Okay so this 30 minute ranked queue dodge penalty

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goozik

11-27-2012

Should be after time is up if no champ pick(so it's random) they are forced dodged and given a time out of 30mins. Then the rest of us get put back into que.

FinalMystery

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

Its a fair system. In ranked, this is to deter you from dodging to wait for the perfect setup. Not saying don't dodge the troll setups but odds are there aren't troll setups 24/7. However, there are times you are forced to go support when you wanted mid. Stuff like that happens and if you want to climb elo you have to deal with it. On the positive side, at least you don't lose elo for it anymore.

Ongi

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlain View Post
then after you wait your 30 you get in a game and it happens again and no one on your side cares if you just dodged one and they're not waiting 30m, forcing you to eat an elo loss anyway or be stuck not playing for an hr and 30m. Total BS imo.
Exactly my issue atm. I have a family and a job, so when i sit down to play league it's usually a couple hours worth max. Granted i know that's considered casual but i've been playing the game long enough that I feel I can play ranked. Sucks when my 2 hours of play time are eaten up by an hour and 30 min wait time b/c my 2 attempts at starting a match get trolled/rage picked from the get go. At the VERY least, let me play a normal.

Gimpyloser

01-19-2013

The penalty sucks and I think reducing it to 20,40,60 min would still work to deter people from dodging whenever things aren't ideal, but keep in mind you can still play a custom game while waiting. I do it all the time. Just create a custom and test out new champs/items while it's ticking away.