Okay so this 30 minute ranked queue dodge penalty

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShinyPockets

11-26-2012

I understand that there has to be a penalty in place to keep people from just queueing up and dodging if they don't get to play the role they want or because they don't like how tough the other team looks or blah blah blah, but 30 minutes is pretty steep, for example, i just got into a queue and 2 people were either afk or being pricks and they let the timer run out and got random champs leaving us with 3 total adc's, so of course i dodge and bam 30 minute wait.

That's completely unjustifiable, now i'm not saying that every game absolutely has to follow the meta or it's a loss, but when i see that my team is featuring 2 AFK strangers pulled out of a damn hat from the internet, i'm inclined to not sit through another 20-50 minutes of being pulverized by a competent coordinated team of skilled players. Not to mention i'm doing the remaining players on my team a service by dodging because they were kind enough to be responsive and communicate and actually put forth effort into the game as opposed to the remaining pricks letting the client pick their champions while they go make a damn sandwhich. Not only is this unfair on the grounds that i am now locked out of both ranked and normal queue's, but now THOSE clowns are allowed to go **** someone else's game up, that's flat out unfair to myself and other players who are playing to try their best to come out victorious.

All that being said, if you're going to punish someone for dodging, i know it's hard to put it on a case to case basis with only champion select having transpired, but at least lower the wait time so that people who are trying to prevent toxic players from hurting the community aren't punished for it.

Atzigan

11-26-2012

A 30 minutes penalty of waiting period is better than a 30 minutes of being stressed out with your teamates because you guys just don't synchronize together and losing elo but that's just me.

ShinyPockets

11-26-2012

I mean that's not wrong either but do the times have to be so correlated? can't i just suffer 10 minutes of an aram or something and then try my luck again with ranked? I feel that's not unfair

Ugawa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

I think the 30 minutes is fine, but you should be able to queue up in Normals if you dodged a ranked.

Ohh So Basic

11-26-2012

The worst part is the trolls that autolock a role that has already been locked to force you to leave are free to queue again and get someone else banned for 30 mins, and if no one dodges then they intentionally feed and troll everyone anyway. Riot needs to implement a vote kick system.

ShinyPockets

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohh So Basic View Post
The worst part is the trolls that autolock a role that has already been locked to force you to leave are free to queue again and get someone else banned for 30 mins, and if no one dodges then they intentionally feed and troll everyone anyway. Riot needs to implement a vote kick system.
I think there's a chance it could be abused but regardless i'm starting to like this idea more and more every time i have to dodge a ranked.

ShinyPockets

11-27-2012

shameless self bump, I know this has been a recurring subject lately but i would like Riot to take notice of that fact and at least get the ball rolling on fixing it.

jjb56

11-27-2012

One of my friends just got server trolled and was forced to wait his half-hour. It appears trolls aren't the only reason people wait.

Zlain

11-27-2012

then after you wait your 30 you get in a game and it happens again and no one on your side cares if you just dodged one and they're not waiting 30m, forcing you to eat an elo loss anyway or be stuck not playing for an hr and 30m. Total BS imo.

GFireflyE

11-27-2012

IMO, there should be a report system where 4 players can mark a fifth. Than when one of those 4 players dodges because of the actions of the fifth, they take the 30min penalty BUT the marked fifth player ALSO takes the 30 min penalty.

Yes, it's still unfair for those trying to play proper, but it goes a LONG way in filtering out the trolls as they cannot immidiately queue right away either.