2k Upvote thread unlike any other:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

Hi

I'm Gespens. People on other sites know me as Keita-Kuhn.

I want Silent Night Sona and Reindeer Kog'maw.

I am doing this 2k upvote thread because I want them.

But the 2k will not be a message to Riot saying 'I WANT TO DO THIS TRADE.' It will be a starting point.

I am hopefully going to be getting a job soon, as well as changing my ISP. Once I get a job, I am going to get a new computer, a webcam and a wireless headset. I'm going to stream elo.

But streaming is hardly a reason to get limited edition skins.

That is why I am making this 2k upvote thread. Once I start streaming (likely in Mid 2013) I will be donating all the money I make from the stream to a charity, which will be at minimum, $2000 USD. Should this thread exceed 2k upvotes, every additional upvote shall be an additional dollar I donate. For example, if I had 8k upvotes, I donate $8000 USD.

I'm making this thread VERY early, because I want to spread a bit of hype. Whether or not I get the skins, I am going to be streaming for charity once I get the ability to stream. About time I did something with my life I think.

Minor edit: I am noticing people are downvoting. Keep in mind that the 2k upvotes is irrelevant to this thread, since the skins are just a bonus. If you really want me to suffer, upvote me so I have to donate an absurd amount.

MAJOR EDIT:

Quote:
Congratulations Potpourri - it's great to see such effort behind a good cause. Your generous gift should go through sometime tomorrow.

To other 2k upvote thread creators, we will be ending this method of gifting/trading skins, and will not be processing any gifts/trades for upvotes after December 31. Achieving 2k upvotes is too much effort and out of the reach of most, and while it has rewarded a few well deserving players, I'd like to focus on solutions which can solve these problems for many more.
2k Upvote threads are dead, but I won't let this die. I'm keeping the spirit of this up, but making some minor changes, which will be decided.

If skin trading is available in 2013 and we can do exchanges, I'm willing to do trades... but that is now entirely irrelevant to this thread.

Nikki Sixx

11-26-2012

+1 for sincerity

Zastie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

Bumped, upvoted, and added to my list of these threads on mine. Epic idea and best of luck to you kind sir!

Gespens

11-26-2012

Thanks, to the both of you.

Last Spark

11-26-2012

Bump

BTripp

11-26-2012

The thought is nice but you don't just start raking in money once you start streaming. You won't even get paid at all at the start, and possibly for a while after that.

Gespens

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTripp View Post
The thought is nice but you don't just start raking in money once you start streaming. You won't even get paid at all at the start, and possibly for a while after that.
I've been reading up on CPM a lot lately.

Lets assume I had 250 viewers (lol thinking big before it starts) and none of them had ad block. They'd all need to watch 4 ads before I made anything. And assuming I have for the sake of argument, 5k upvotes once I start streaming, I'd need to raise $5000 USD.

Assuming CPM at the time is $2.50, those 200 viewers would have to watch 2000 ads.

Assuming 3 ads an hour, I'd have to stream for 666.667 hours straight, or 27.78 days.

I understand it will take a LONG time. Maybe 2015 if I am lucky. But hey, it gives me something to do with my spare time when I have writer's block, and it is something that is going to help someone else.

DrShroob

11-26-2012

I'll upvote this for a good cause!

Davidt1234

11-26-2012

Uovote for the children

Prolapsing

11-26-2012

pls donate to fund gooby college fund

i beg