Tips for a new Darius player?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeknoWizard

11-28-2012

Dunno why someone voted down Warrrrax. That's solid advice.

As a general thing that most people will hint at and not say. He's not *as* easy and people joke about. Make sure you know how to deal with kiting, you know how to not tower dive and get baited, and when not to grab people. While Darius has great potential to dominate a game, he can just as easily throw it completely with a bad grab. Think Blitz hooking the Amumu was bad? Try a Darius dragging all 5 of them onto your team.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post
Dunno why someone voted down Warrrrax. That's solid advice.

As a general thing that most people will hint at and not say. He's not *as* easy and people joke about. Make sure you know how to deal with kiting, you know how to not tower dive and get baited, and when not to grab people. While Darius has great potential to dominate a game, he can just as easily throw it completely with a bad grab. Think Blitz hooking the Amumu was bad? Try a Darius dragging all 5 of them onto your team.
Thanks man! Someone was butthurt about my item selection. They are technically correct in that Banshee/SV/Atma aren't very common on him, but I was giving a general list of items that give what Darius wants, not an exact build order.
Someone might use SV (esp in S3 since its bigger) to get a bit of extra MR and max their CDR (say they took Frozen Heart, treads instead of ionic, and enemy is magic-heavy).
A Force of Nature is really inefficient costing 2600g for 1k of MR, 7% movespeed only, with a bunch of fairly useless lategame health regen.
A banshee has the shield which can possibly help Darius shrug off a CC and help him engage. At the very least it saves him 1 AoE nuke, and provides health plus MR. So I'd consider it a viable option.
Maybe not so much in S3 since Hexdrinker will have additional upgrade paths and Quicksilver has an upgrade too.