Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AP Mundo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Naesala

10-09-2010

Sorry but most of these people don't know what you're asking instead most of them are posting their own opinions about "how" they would play an AP mundo or to improve it.

I've tested it sometime and suprisingly it went quite well... Rylai's, zhonya, spirit visage and some other items went really well when I tried it (however it was ages ago since last time I tried ap mundo, just for fun). One of the reason's might be because Burning Agony got an AP ratio of 0,2:1 per sec however if you're standing in between 3-5 enemies it's like 0,6-1:1 Aoe AP ratio each second.

So in short, when I tried it, it went quite well for me.

MadDetective

10-09-2010

Mundo builds as he pleases

TehNewb

10-09-2010

I've done this before! It was quite fun. Went a 10-5-10ish on the build. For me it was sorcs, rhyls, spirit(of course) and then things like abyssal septer and what not.. the ratio's are terrible but it works oddly enough. Oh! I also had a haunting guise for the health/magic pen. It's fun to catch people in the burning and then cleaver them to a stand still from the slows.

Still, it's a silly build.

DoransTroll

10-09-2010

I believe that Rylai provides lower AP (and HP) than a fully charged RoA, for about the same price. Therefore, getting RoA would be better than Rylai if you're really going for this kind of build. I can see Burning Agony doing a fair bit of damage, and he could possibly tank OK with this. But I would much prefer him as a dedicated DPS. If you're just after the extra damage for for Burning Agony, I would recommend Sunfire. It gives roughly the same damage aura, similar survivability, and you don't need to turn it on.
Of course you could push for Lich Bane and really let it rip with your low CD Cleaver too. Mage Mundo?

Rylai is nice, mostly because of HP and slow aura. This can really do wonders. Other things? Not so much.

fazisi

10-09-2010

If you want to play AP Mundo, play AP Amumu instead.

SelGanar

09-02-2011

But the entire point of AP mundo is not to play Ap amumu, We play AP mundo because its fun and the magic pen that comes with it tears people apart with his Q and W. Building Mundo has a lot of leeway IMO because only w has a true scaling, the E and R scale with health and that can be found plenty in a tanky AP mundo build. besides, mundo is god on TT and playing the ap build when your teammates lock in AD is helpful tot he team.

DarkenDragon

09-02-2011

This just sounds more like your opponents were just shocked and dumbfound by the build you did and underestimated your abilities.

hoenstly this sounds ******ed and not worth building cuz 1. yes theres only one skill that benifits from AP, and really you dont want a AP build, you want a magic pen build, totally different story. going for AP items isnt your true goal, its the magic pen.

I mean really if your truly going AP build, then your really just maximizing on your burning agony skill which to be honest is piss poor damage. even with the ratios it wont provide much damage at all, your key damage is gonna be from cleaver and your maschist, which do not depend on AP at all.

the cleaver already does a percentage of the players health in damage with a minimum cap, so higher the health the more damaging it'll be minus the magic resistance, so magic pen is something I can see being useful to make it even more damaging. but ap wont help you here.

so please get the idea of AP mundo, and think truly what it'll be, magic pen mundo. big difference.

Arbiter Knight

09-02-2011

In the end ap vayne rules all, or mp mord.

Warrrrax

09-02-2011

I think you guys are getting trolled. Burning agony has a 0.2 AP ratio and NOTHING ELSE BENEFITS. Only a complete idiot would build Mundo as AP.

candy ln my van

Recruiter

09-08-2011

Building mundo with mpen and Rylais is very effective. With the slow from Rylais using burning agony noone can get away from you,and you do plenty of damage. Mpen is key for his cleavers. You won't be able to soak up as much damage as a usual mundo build,but your ridiculous damage from just one cleaver is worth playing carefully.