On topic of the newest support!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sephnoir

11-26-2012

I like Riot's approach to end the support wars (which support you should choose during the select screen based on the champions your allies picked) by making a definitive best pure support in the game. Best support passive in the game flat out, gragas ult on q, red buff on e, and an AOE ult (just what we need for this game right, more AOEs?).

The 2 funny things I find here are is that one, if she has any good scaling on her moves, she is just the next morg, support gone midlane, and two she is a pure support so she is bound to be inferior to the flat out utility most tanky supports provide(not to mention that most tanky supports don't usually die in 3 AAs), UNLESS her base values for skills is high. I don't doubt that her ap scaling will be ridiculous either, seeing as riots recent approach to balance (see Rengar).

That's really all I came to say, haven't found this game fun for a while, just decided to check what was new on the homepage. CY@ll.

TLDR: F2Ps sketchy game balance is only getting worse, more at 11.

Damoklese

11-26-2012

I know right? Ive played at least 500 matches with nami in my head since she was announced, and I can say without a moment of hesitation that A) she is the most OP champ in the game and B) Im on a 500 game winning streak. Come at me bro.

Bear Furlong

11-26-2012

meh play her and you'll see she isn't that good.

Cronovey

11-26-2012

She really just feels like Janna with some healing instead of shields to be honest.

Think about it.

Passive move speed buff to team? Check.
AoE CC on a Q/W/E? Check.
Slow of some sort on Q/W/E? Check.
Heal/Shield on Q/W/E? Check.
AoE CC ultimate? Check.

Realistically, she'll get played about as much as any other support. Her scaling is decent, but so is Taric's. Doesn't mean you see him branching out a whole lot.

Carmilia

11-26-2012

Remember when Leona and Sejuani had their kits revealed, and everyone thought that they were gonna be horribly broken? And remember when they were released, almost the 90% of the community thought they were UP and super garbageish, until, +9 months later, when people then realized that Leona worked better as a support and was good set up for kill lanes, and that Sejuani was an utility jungler?

Inb4. Its gonna happen again with Nami. People will want to try to mid with her and fail horribly. Simply, because:

1) Her initial AP ratios are already nerfed:

2) The travel speed from her Q and R are actually really slow. They do "nuke". But when it comes to, say, fighting other nukers on mid, they're gonna trash you before you get to harm them. Reason she wont really do the thing as an AP carry.

No, she wont be a Lulu, who you can play as AP, on hit effect or even ADcarry and pretend to do decent. She's a pure support that could work better with Kage's lucky pick. Just calling for it.

EDIT: When Nami's released, i'm so gonna dodge every game if people starts calling for mid Nami.

Sephnoir

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
She really just feels like Janna with some healing instead of shields to be honest.

Think about it.

Passive move speed buff to team? Check.
AoE CC on a Q/W/E? Check.
Slow of some sort on Q/W/E? Check.
Heal/Shield on Q/W/E? Check.
AoE CC ultimate? Check.

Realistically, she'll get played about as much as any other support. Her scaling is decent, but so is Taric's. Doesn't mean you see him branching out a whole lot.
The move speed isn't passvie, it's an active on spell cast. Your argument is invalid. Riot nerfed janna's tornado in the first place, they nerfed her slow, they nerfed her ult, at this point I am unsure if they nerfed her shield. Taric does get played a whole lot, he is often the first picked support in ranked after ali and blitz ban. People don't build AP support taric, just so you know. And that's a horrible comparison, one is ranged, one is melee...

Sephnoir

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmilia View Post
Remember when Leona and Sejuani had their kits revealed, and everyone thought that they were gonna be horribly broken? And remember when they were released, almost the 90% of the community thought they were UP and super garbageish, until, +9 months later, when people then realized that Leona worked better as a support and was good set up for kill lanes, and that Sejuani was an utility jungler?

Inb4. Its gonna happen again with Nami. People will want to try to mid with her and fail horribly. Simply, because:

2) The travel speed from her Q and R are actually really slow. They do "nuke". But when it comes to, say, fighting other nukers on mid, they're gonna trash you before you get to harm them. Reason she wont really do the thing as an AP carry.

No, she wont be a Lulu, who you can play as AP, on hit effect or even ADcarry and pretend to do decent. She's a pure support that could work better with Kage's lucky pick. Just calling for it.

EDIT: When Nami's released, i'm so gonna dodge every game if people starts calling for mid Nami.
That doesn't make her balanced for support lane though, which is the real issue here. Riot is pretty much making a pure support that has the best of ALL worlds, if I could compare her to another champ, it would be blitz, she is a pure support version of blitz. For the fact of how unbalanced she is for bot lane.

Carmilia

11-26-2012

^ You're assuming Nami players will be able to land their Q+R on the perfect timing when it comes to trading. But believe me. If you see these skills coming, you should be able to dodge them easily. Nami is just another Janna and maybe Lulu when it comes to utility. She's also really fun to play. But she wont really match Leona, Taric or Blitz simply, because, she doesnt stunlock, nor bursts down your armor and amplifies the carrys damage (She does, but the buff only empowers your carry's next 3 basic attacks, so honestly, her E feels kinda underwhelming), nor simply grabs+knocks you up+silences you bursting you really hard.

Sephnoir

11-26-2012

Quote:

Also, the only problem isn't just nuking it's the ability to safe and effectively farm, the best mage in the entire game, Orianna, has probably the best farming capability in the entire game, not to mention she is safe from everything except a direct teleport to her. Or even if you don't want to bring up farming, let's talk about nunu midlane, even though nunu has some beastly level one burst, he isn't the best ap in game, nor the best farmer...but he has the ability to completely shut down his opponent's farm, not to mention the fact that he can perma slow with even 1% cdr, making getting ganked an even more dangerous reality.

Sephnoir

11-26-2012

Quote:
^ You're assuming Nami players will be able to land their Q+R on the perfect timing when it comes to trading. But believe me. If you see these skills coming, you should be able to dodge them easily. Nami is just another Janna and maybe Lulu when it comes to utility. She's also really fun to play. But she wont really match Leona, Taric or Blitz simply, because, she doesnt stunlock, nor bursts down your armor and amplifies the carrys damage (She does, but the buff only empowers your carry's next 3 basic attacks, so honestly, her E feels kinda underwhelming), nor simply grabs+knocks you up+silences you bursting you really hard.

Who's talking about trading? Blitz can miss every move he does the entire game, but one good/lucky grab late game often decides who wins and who loses. Nami is the exact same thing, and it only take 3 hits sometimes, especially champs who already have in built steroids, looks like Kog doesn't even need to build triforce anymore...