Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Wit's End on Shen?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hrarry

10-08-2010

I've been playing shen the past day or so, and I've been doing fairly well I think. starting off with a heart of gold, building ninja tabi/merc treads, aegis, then it really depends on the team comp from there. I was wondering if though if Wit's End could ever be a good choice on Shen?

Captain Dildac

10-08-2010

seems interesting when up against certain champs (i.e Alister) but to be honest if your going to get Wits end you should have a better champ worthy of it like a Straight DPS.

Brosiris

10-08-2010

yes
i always go wits end/lw/SOTD on shen
idiots dont understand the synergy, but i carry the team 30/0 every time in ranked games

Across The Blur

10-09-2010

Quote:
Brosiris:
yes
i always go wits end/lw/SOTD on shen
idiots dont understand the synergy, but i carry the team 30/0 every time in ranked games

Your profile says differently.

HanzGruber

10-09-2010

Wit's end is an item best decided upon by your opposing team, rather than your own champion. One exception to this may be Warwick, but I still have reservations even to it's use with duress. If the other team is made of a lot of low mana pool/high mana consumption champions, like Sion, Taric, Amumu, etc it may be a decent choice. But you still won't burn off their mana before they can use their skills initially, which may just wind up leaving you dead before you can burn up their mana pool.

Dwarfling

10-09-2010

Take it for the MR and the damage, chances are very low you're gonna deplete their pool. I was thinking about it on MF as IAS+survival item when someone else grabs Stark but it's very expensive at +2k.

CondaMagoo

10-12-2010

you do realize that the drain also gives you attack damage, right?

xavarn

10-12-2010

Imo its not worth it on shen. It would be good for dps champs but i wouldn't get it on a tank.

SynergyDreamer

10-12-2010

His AS isn't notably high. :y
And he's melee.

PainOfInsanity

10-12-2010

Wit's end is very very situational. It may help a lot in early game, but with the money spent on it, you could get better items.

As shen, getting a randuins is probably more benificial.

I can only see wit's end as a first item on ranged dps carries to be used effectively, but again, with the money spent on wit's end, there are better items. Always damage > speed for ranged carries.